Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Morning (posted by Steven)

Tiffany woke up at 5:30 this morning and ran a half marathon (over 13 miles). She finished in 2 hours and 27 minutes. Dylan, Isaac, and I met her at the finish line. I didn't have a camera on me so I had to use my phone. Amazingly, she didn't walk at all and was still smiling at the end. Tiffany is sleeping now.




Later added by Tiffany:
THANK YOU, MY STEVEN, for surprising me and giving me that smile!
You honked at me as you drove by when I still had 2 miles to go and it made me smile and run faster to pass some people. I had the camera, but it was in the car and I was too tired to go get it after. I ran with Brandon and Katie Carter, who are team mates for our www.RagnarRelay.com race next month. They were much faster than I was, by at least a half hour, but I did it!
My knees hurt, but the rest of me is good. I didn't even know you took the finnish line picture! I love it:) I saw you take the one of me running at you because you had Dylan and Isaac and I kissed Isaac's sweet cheek before continuing to the finnish line.
Thank you for going and cheering me on!!!!! (And for letting me go to my PCDHA meeting without the kids then letting me take a long nap and waking up to delicious moist flavorful chicken you had grilled, and the sweet corn on the cob you grilled too, AND for the fridge being stocked w/ groceries and the laundry done and put away.) You're the BEST HUSBAND!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

CONGRATS!! That is a huge accomplishment. That is super nice of you to meet her at the finish line! Way to go Steven!

Kat Gille said...

Holy COW, that's a lot of running!! I'm feeling pretty proud right now: I have a sister who ran a half marathon! :)