Friday, October 23, 2009

It's Autumn Time

10/14/09 We did a couple of crafts while Noah slept. Poor guy took home a plain pumpkin. Malia's was all cool and painted and glittery with google eyes.

Malia glued some real leaves to her hand tree. Amber's kids made similar trees and Amber said how her babysitter made them w/ her kids. I thought to myself that I could be a fun babysitter too! I think they were with tissue paper, but we just have construction paper, which the kids had fun tearing. Dylan and Isaacs look so cute on the fridge because I can see Isaac's fat rolls. I should take a better picture of them. Most of our trees are green year 'round, so these hand trees make it feel more like autumn.Then we went swimming in the pool. I'm so blessed.

2 comments:

Kat Gille said...

SO cute. And that poor Noah really does miss out on a lot of fun! So my question is, why did your boys change clothes in the middle of the project? And why did you guys move operations to the sidewalk? The hand trees are a great idea. Did you trace and paint them while the kids were doing the pumpkins or what? And I'm impressed that you let Isaac handle the glue.

Kat Gille said...

Oh, and do you sing the "It's Autumn Time" song to them? I can only remember a few words, but for all I know those words just repeat for the whole song: "It's autumn time, it's autumn time. The leaves are falling down. It's autumn time, it's autumn time. There's color all around." Or something like that.