Monday, October 12, 2009

Matt and Hollie's Houston Reception, 9♥25♥09

There were other photographers there, the paid one, and here's Stephen, one of my brothers. These photos are from my camera(s) though. I had my white balance off and instead of editing each of them, I decided to just take away most of the color. You've seen Hollie's wedding colors before, so I like this mostly colorless way of documenting their big party.

First, the receiving line. It lasted for over an hour. The people kept coming! Look at my handsome dad.
We and the flower girls waited, and played some.I had Martin go offer Matt some of the delicious food, since Matt couldn't go get his own. After a while, Matt whispered to Hollie that he had a present for her. (I told this story before.) After a long time, he went ahead and got Max. It's those little things that makes me know that Matt really really is in love with his bride. (I met Hollie for the first time the night before the wedding when we went to see a chick flick in lieu of her bachelorette party so it was a little hard for me to let my brother go, even though he's been gone for 6 years w/ his mission and school, you know what I mean.)

She had her "dog of honor" in a matching bride's maid dress, so Matt had Max in a tux.
I'm so happy for them, but it's crazy that they're starting out as a family of four from the beginning! I do like Hollie - a lot.
Kat and Isaac
Here are some pictures I took of some of the guests. The place was overflowing with people. My mom asked me to put a slide show together for the receptions. Matt and Hollie gave me some pictures, and I scrounged up some others. It was an awesome slide show:) (j/k) I put it to country music, but it only had 3 songs on it, so they used other music of course while it looped.


Cake Time!Will they smash it????
No, just cram and stuff it:)
Too sweet:)
The Father of the Bride
Oh, and the Groom's cake. That was also delicious!Let's not forget about my kids! (Dylan likes parties b/c he knows there's cake there. He's not a big cake eater, and won't finish it, but he expects it.) He tasted some cake.
Isaac didn't want any cake. He wanted to stay close to the doggies!
I almost felt guilty for not having a dog for him at home, but then I remembered that he has friends w/ pets.
It's as if Sophie was looking up to me asking me to save her from all of that lovin' she was getting.
It was time for my children to say "so long" and "farewell," so Steven took them up to our room. It was so lovely having him there so I could savor every moment of the evening. Speaking of moments . . . I'd like to see this camcorder to see what was so dang funny here. I like Hollie's face, b/c maybe it wasn't so funny???


And this part is where it was the hardest to hold back the tears. I watched the actual wedding in the temple, and they looked happy and excited and beautiful and pure and perfect and all that, but I didn't feel the need to cry.
Here, I hid behind my camera and kept moving around the room to stay busy.

They didn't have room for a dance floor, so they didn't have a DJ or any dancing. Hollie said she didn't want to worry about that or something. Matt still wanted to have a first dance. He decided to take mattes into his own hands and had me put Hollie's favorite song as the last one on the slide show. At one point in the evening, he told me that he was ready for the dance. He stopped their Ipod and we turned the volume up on the slide show and cued it back to the beginning. He had 2 songs to prepare. He and I asked old ladies to kindly stand up so we could scoot the tables to the sides. He and I let the photographer know that she should be ready. He found the video camera and got JT to hold it. He informed Hollie's dad that he should cut in half-way through the dance to dance with his daughter. He then told my mom that should follow Hollie's dad's lead by also cutting in and should dance with her son. The third song came on, I turned the volume up even higher, and Matt asked Hollie to dance. Hesitantly, she said yes. It was so sweet and romantic! To know how much love Matt has for Hollie. He had planned this moment, and had kept it (and Max the little doggie) a secret for so long!
My mom said that Matt kept looking at Hollie instead of at her when they cut in.
Priceless
Matt did look at our mom though. He's a good kid.
I miss him.

I'm not the only one who got emotional. Here's Hollie's sister.

I think Hollie threw the bouquet right to her sister.
Who caught it!
Over so soon? They walked out as we blew lots of bubbles, all the way to their car.


Visit us again, Matt and Hollie! I'm so happy for you two! I agree with your brother, Hollie, some day you two WILL have rediculously good looking children:)

1 comment:

Kat Gille said...

Aw, that made me cry too. I hadn't known about the first-dance story. I was outside trying to get the groomsmen to be nice with the saran wrap on Matt's car. What a sweet brother we have! And you got some really great pictures of the whole thing. It looks like a big reception hall in your photos from the staircase!