Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bring your kids to work day

10/26/09
The other RDH (registered dental hygienist) at my office had unexpected jurry duty today that she didn't know about 'til Saturday morning. Luckily, when she called me to see if I could cover, I was at our PCDHA seminar with a bunch of other RDHs. I couldn't exactly find a babysitter for Isaac and Noah on such little notice so I could work, so I made an announcement to see if anybody there was available to work. A couple of friends came up to me, but my VP was first. She was so nice to offer to help me out. The problem was, that I hadn't been able to get ahold of my boss to see if it was OK. Dr. Brayer said that she would of course rather that I work, and offered her sweet in-office babysitter to me. We compromised that I would work for the first couple of patients, I would stay and would show my friend where everything was, then she would tag team and take over.

I was the first one in, so I sat my little guys down in the front so I could keep an eye on them while setting up all of the computers etc.

Then I took them back with Dr. Brayer's youngest two kids and the babysitter. How lucky am I to have the perk of free emergency day care! Isaac loved the baby. He fed her pretend bottles, then her real one. He kept petting her. The babysitter said that he deserves a baby brother or sister of his own. (He also probably deserves a dog, but Malia and Noah have one, so I don't feel an obligation there, and I take him around babies, so again, he can wait:).

He will be a good big brother some day though.
She really does love little kids. She was getting them a snack when I went back there to check on them, and was holding Noah on her hip. They were in good hands.
Noah fell asleep on the way home. He was so tired!

No comments: