Friday, October 16, 2009

almost home, (Dylan's point of view)

After the park and hugging our Dallas friends goodbye, we left for the airport. We were a little ahead of schedule, so we stopped at the Bass Pro Shop. Isaac had fallen asleep in the car, so I stayed outside w/ him while Steven and Dylan did some exploring.
Dylan got ahold of the camera after that. You probably won't appreciate his photos, but some of them remind me of the magnified photos on the back of the "World" magazine from when I was a kid. I would see if I could guess what the big picture was. Sometimes it was a black dot with orange around it, and the big picture was a leopard, for example. It's pretty easy to guess what these are, but sometimes I have to think.





I love that my kids can get their own shoes off and back on. We had a layover this time since we flew out of Dallas. It was late, so we had a whole gate of the airport to ourselves after a while. At first, we just sat down and let the kids play w/ some pull back cars. A lady accidentally stepped on one, and others tripped before we were smart enough to relocate out of a high traffic area:)


Then we went home to our own beds, always bitter sweet.

1 comment:

Amber Ayres said...

Thanks for blogging all of this! I'm such a slacker! I had so much fun, I'm so glad you came to see me and that our boys loved each other so much. I wish we lived by each other and the boys could play all the time. I miss you so much!!!!!