Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The JFK Memorial

We wanted really good Texas BBQ and TexMex food while in Texas. We checked both off of our list! I didn't capture the first place, it was a really busy part of a gas station, but there were a lot of locals w/ cowboy hats and cut/torn off sleeved Tshirts.
Amber took us to a delicious TexMex place, I'm not sure of the name, but it was in downtown Dallas. Her brother and his girlfriend met us there too.

See the "X" on the street? That's where JFK was shot. There are two markings. Have I mentioned how my boys hardly EVER wear shoes? It's true. My true colors are comming out here. Even in a dirty downtown area, Isaac won't keep his shoes on. It's really not all his fault. I grew up not wearing shoes much, and that was one of the hardest transitions when I went to public school for the first time in 10th grade.
AND, this is what I found when I rounded the corner of part of the memorial. He said he just had to go real quick, and basically told me not to worry about it. Yea, these are my boys.
I think that the boys needed to get out and just run and jump and climb and yell! They knew it was ok, b/c they were outside, and they could use their outside voices. Isaac and Landon weren't amused, but we let them yell it out.
It was still so hot out. Look at Dylan's freaked out looking face. He was red hot from running and yelling so much, not from being freaked out. Zac creatively found a place to ride back to the car.


Then we went to bed. I should have taken a photo of the sleeping arrangements. Dylan got to sleep in a tent next to Zac and Landon's bunk beds. Isaac started out in a pack 'n play, but ended up with Steven and me. Then on the floor b/c he kept scooting to nuzzle his head into something and scooted right up and off. That was the worst night of sleep b/c Steven and I both knew you were going to do it, so we had ahold of each ankle, and around you, but we somehow fell asleep.

1 comment:

Kat Gille said...

Ha. I love it. This post is so real. You know what? If Isaac doesn't wear shoes even in dirty places he'll probably be exposed to and become immune to all of the things that would make more sheltered kids get sick. And I have to say, it's hilarious that when you found your child peeing on a memorial you whipped out your camera and took a photo to incriminate yourself with the evidence. :P Who taught him he could pee wherever there was dirt?!?