Saturday, April 26, 2008

Moving Day

It's after midnight, so it's officially our moving day now. No we don't have a house yet. We've made an offer on one, the seller accepted, but he turned it over to his bank for a short sale b/c he's upside down on it and it's pre-forclosure. We don't know if the bank will accept b/c we're offering a lot less. It'll be a really good deal on a 4bedroom 3bath w/ a pool if so. We should know in a week or so.

Anyway, we're moving in w/ my mother-in-law, Maria, although she's still in the hospital now. She's doing better. Steven's getting sleep in 1-2 hour increments b/c he stays with her so much. It's like he's back in law school. He's such a good son and always has been. He picks up the slack if there is any and helps her out. He's dealing with his stresses pretty well I guess.

So I'm just adding a little post b/c I'm procrastinating packing. Steven just left for the hospital for the night and the babies are sleeping so the house is quiet. Most everything is packed now. It's so interesting that life goes on even when there are huge obstacles. That was so hard to accept after Chrissy passed away less than a year ago. Nothing seemed important even though I knew otherwise. Now, I know so many people with various burdens. They can not be compared to each other and are all really big deals. One of Chrissy's sisters, Mindy, just passed away this morning. I'm happy that they can be together with their older brother. I'm sad for their family here though. We miss them. I've been praying a lot more than usual lately because I have a long prayer list. I say what I'm thankful for before I do the asking for blessings part; and my thankful list has also grown. I appreciate things and try not to take what I have for granted.

2 comments:

betsey said...

I love you Tiffy! It is so nice to hear your thoughts and feelings. Thanks so much for sharing!

Danielle said...

I completely understand how you feel. Sometimes things are just so hard, and we just have to go into survival mode and get through them. I have been there more times than I would have liked to.

Have you heard the song "Sometimes He Lets it Rain" by Katherine Nelson. Its on a church CD called Women of Destiny. Whenever I have a really hard time, like what you must be going through, that song just really makes me feel like everything will be ok.

Anyway, call me if you need to talk!! Im here!