Sunday, April 20, 2008

Uncles

When we go to my mom's, Dylan doesn't just want to sit around and talk like I do. Luckily, he has lots people who will play with him. My favorite thing to reply is "that's what uncles are for, go find one." Uncle JT was the lucky one for this game of ping pong. My mom also played w/ him.

Uncle JT found a small preying mantis that he's showing my grandma.



My mom watched him and Isaac over night* on Friday night so Steven and I could pack. We (I and my dad) packed until we ran out of boxes. Steven sold a broken TV and some of his heavy law school books on Craig's List. Anyway, my mom said that Dylan is realizing that he has a lot of uncles. Uncle Martin's been in Mexico for about 9 months now so he doesn't get mentioned by Dylan. Dylan talks about Uncles JT and Andre, of course, b/c they live here. He also talks about Uncle Matt. He played w/ Dylan a lot when he was here last. Uncle Stephen was here on Saturday at my mom's while in between semesters at BYU. Dylan apparently insisted on calling him "Uncle Daddy." My mom said it's probably b/c he knows his daddy's name is Steven, so they're homonyms. He interchanges "Grand-dad" and "Grandpa" too. I try to keep one for my dad and the other for my step-dad so I can tell which one he's talking about, but he'll use both. They sound like "ee-YEAH-dad" and "ah-pah."

*It was Isaac's 1st sleep over. He's only 2-1/2 months old. What was I thinking? I missed him but slept so soundly that night. I was a really motivated packer though knowing that if I stopped, then I was away from my babies for nothing. I looked at the baby monitor a couple of times and wished I could turn it on and magically see what they were doing way accross town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.