Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Play date at the beach

Having Fridays off is the BEST. Corrie and I can both hang out together w/ our kids. Jolyn usually has Fridays off too. I didn't call her 'til I was on my way to the beach b/c it was kinda last minute. She met us out there. I really try not to take it for granted that we live this close to the beach.

This is our set up. My stroller doesn't even have to go through the sand. We take turns feeding our kids in the shade. Notice how close it is to the snack bar if we hadn't packed food for ourselves?! And my feet are in the water taking this picture.
We also took turns being lifeguards for the 3 big kids. The water is so beautiful. Come visit us!
Then I did both lifeguard and feed Isaac. I got sunburned on my right shoulder and arm only b/c I had the sarong draped over my left arm while I was out by the water.These two took turns napping in the shade. They're livin' large and lovin' life.
see my reflection in his eyes? I do.I wish this picture had sound when you clicked on it. Dylan was roaring at Malia for no reason. I guess it's ok b/c it's his "outside voice." Well, then she climbed over and into his chair. So he should have yelled at that point. We stayed too long, it was nap time. Corrie's car broke so we had to wait for AAA in case I needed to give her a ride. Thank goodness we had each other so we could take turns paying for parking and meeting the AAA guy etc.

2 comments:

The Stevens said...

That was fun. We'll have to do it again soon....maybe after you're done packing...lol.

Tara said...

I am so jealous! I miss Florida so much, I don't think I have been to that beach by your house. I don't think I have ever been to a beach with a snack bar, so that is a huge plus! Tara