Friday, April 4, 2008

Pre-party

We've never entertained guests inside this house before. Not more than for a presidency meeting or something anyway. We've had a huge New Year's Eve party OUTside before. But we even rented a port-a-potty for that b/c we didn't want people inside who we didn't know.
This is going to be our last time too since we close on selling it at the end of the month.

Church starts at 1, so we decided to have a little reception-like lunch before Isaac's blessing. We had 15 adults and 10 kids over. That confirmed the need for a bigger house. I was busy so didn't really take any pictures. Steven wished we had taken a picture of the food b/c he was proud of himself for ordering it. Yea, that's right, I didn't cook. I made a cold pasta salad (not cooking) and brownies (from a box). My mom also made some yummy rolls, chocolate covered strawberries, and brought a fruit salad.

The sad thing about having the family over is that two people were sick and weren't there. Isaac's Abuelita (Steven's mom) had just gone into the hospital in the middle of the night. We would have had about 7 more people over, but they were with Maria in the hospital. My grandma was sick too.
We were worried about Maria and were talking about her the whole time. We are still not sure of the diagnosis so I'm not going to share it openly here, but please pray for her and her lungs.
I love this next picture. It depicts Marcie and Brian's personalities so well. I really wish I had gotten more pictures especially of the kids. These two had matching outfits complete with matching ties.
This was Isaac. All Day Long.

1 comment:

tarable said...

Wow, Tiffany - you have been a busy blogger. Hope your mother in law is doing better. It's kind of funny because we blessed Roland on Easter Sunday and my mother in law didn't make it because she went into the hospital that morning. Crazy coincidence. Your boys are getting cuter & bigger all the time.