Friday, June 26, 2009

Say What, Dylan?

We just said prayers. Dylan repeated his thanks for the fun things we did today like try to go to the beach, play at the playground, kill bugs outside, jump on couch coushions, and bake cupcakes. He opened his eyes and said, "And for sprinkles on a stick!" I was going to just go with it and assumed it was the sprinkles that were in the funfetti cake mix, but had no clue what he meant with the stick part. It couldn't be the sticks we had used to clear away spider webs on his swings earlier. So I asked him before finnishing the prayer.

It really was sprinkles-on-a-stick, just before we had gone to bed, he was right to wonder how I left that out of our prayer. Do you know what he's talking about? I'll add pics sometime tomorrow, because I had just taken pics and a short video of him and Steven with their "sprinkles-on-a-stick."

I have to look up mission statements and write one now for my PCDHA meeting in the morning.

5 comments:

Lacey McKay said...

The first thing that comes to mind is water sprinkles on a toothbrush? (since it was right before bedtime)

I'll keep thinking though because I can't imagine him being that excited about brushing his teeth....Oh wait, he is the son of a dental hygienist. Did you do something fun with his toothbrush, or use sparkly toothpaste or something? What do I win if I guess right??? :)

Lacey McKay said...

Here's my second guess...

SPARKLERS!!!

I don't know about Florida, but out here in the boonies of Oklahoma, they start shooting off fireworks about a month before July 4th and continue until about mid August. It makes the dog jumpy, Abbey whiney, and me crazy!

Kat Gille said...

I was thinking the sprayer on the end of the hose, but I don't think you guys played with that right before bed . . . so I don't know. I'm ready for the pictures to answer the riddle! :)

~Kat (from Mexico)

Lacey McKay said...

I went to bed wondering about this and the only other guess I could come up with was a drumstick, but I can't imagine you would have let him have that right before bed?

Lacey McKay said...

The part that keeps getting me is when you said "He was right to wonder how I left that out of our prayer." So, that sounds like it was something that should be in a prayer....hmmmm. Or could it be the sugared french fries you make for Father's Day?

Can you tell the suspense is killing me?! It's just like when I'm trying to think of the tune to an old song or the name of an old friend and just can't remember and it's driving me crazy!