Friday, June 12, 2009

16 Months


Hi Baby Isaac,

You're changing every day. It's hard to keep up with you. You got your sixth tooth (and your 1th - letter A on June 15th). I don't want to miss a day of your life. I'll start with a day in your life:

  • 6-7:30am - you wake Daddy up. (It used to be 6am every single day, and I wouldn't hear you, but it's been later, after Daddy has left for work.)


  • You nurse or Daddy gets you milk and we snuggle for an hour or so. I prefer the mornings when I don't have to get up for work, because we can just hang out in bed 'til Dylan wakes up and we can all jump on the bed together.


  • You drink milk or formula from a sippy cup - but only if Daddy or Corrie gives it to you that way. You usually refuse it from me unless I put it in a bottle.


  • You don't like big meals, so I finish your food after I try to pass it to Dylan.


  • Your favorite foods are fruits.


  • You search for lizards and grass hoppers, and try to kill any little bug you can find.


  • You take 0-2 naps/day. That's right, you're still not a good sleeper. Sometimes I can put you down, but only if you're reeeeeally tired, otherwise it's in my arms or in the car seat for you. We seem to drive a lot, so the car seat works.


  • You play with toys, hopefully with other friends.


  • You don't sit in a high chair for dinner, you run around and snag bites when you want more.


  • You beg to go outside lots of times, or if you're upset, I ask if you want to go outside and you snap out of it.


  • You poo in your swimming diaper when we play in the pool. (It's clean every other day I guess.)


  • Your day isn't complete unless you play peek-a-boo, or "uh-boo," as you call it, and run around the house as we try to catch you. You always do it for the last time when we tell you it's time for "ni' night." You laugh and run away from us and and we have to catch you a couple of times before we can all give you hugs and kisses before bed.

  • Between 8 and 9pm, Daddy takes you up to bed. Daddy has a system which you respect. You don't respect me, (you don't want to let go and get mad if I put you down) so we go with Daddy's system: you roam around with milk, the chase, a tackle, hugs and kisses, switch out milk for a bottle of water and a silky blanket, you say "NIE nie," your head rests on the blanket on Daddy's shoulder as he carries you up the stairs, Daddy pushes play for your lullabies CD, and you lay yourself down on your tummy.

  • You don't make a peep 'til 6am or later!

New tricks:

I'm 100% sure this wouldn't be acceptable in the Taylor house.


JUMPING!

  • Getting in trouble and going in time out (for 1 minute b/c you're 1)


  • Talking (you can say something like "luv you," but it's one word and I can't spell it) You sing something then say "maaaaan." It's the NUH NUH, Nuh nuh, nuh nuh, Nuh Nuh, Bat MAN!


  • Pointing out things and people you know


  • Putting your face in the water and kicking in the pool, and not freaking out when I wash your hair


  • Biting - poor Noah. You've bitten him more than 5 times I'd say.


  • Throwing and catching


  • Signing please and thank you

  • You like to color, but forget trying to stay in the lines, it's rough getting you to stick to paper

Cuteness

  • You pucker your lips at the cutest times, like when you nod yes. You don't nod down, you nod short nods up, up, up, up as you end looking down your nose at us. [Dear Reader: Can you picture it? Try it. Then end with a smile like he does as I tackle him with hugs and kiss his little neck and give him whatever he wanted.]


  • You love giving hugs, so one hug leads to many more.


  • You tuck your hands when you're in cuddle mode. You slide them up my shirt to my tummy or around to my back or even up my sleeve to rest on my shoulder. I try to hold your hand, but it keeps moving to find something warm, soft or silky.


  • You don't like blankets to be on your legs, you like your legs to be on the blankets, or on me.


  • You whisper when you say certain words like "ha ha ha" while taping your head for hat, or looking at me worried while backing up from your outstretched hand while saying the "hot" a couple of times. (The "t" is silent to you though.)

3 comments:

Marcie said...

My poor kids are never allowed to have any fun ha ha... thanks for the warning... I won't show that video to Kirsten :) Super cute

Kat Gille said...

I love that you do these little letter posts to your kids. You include things that only a mom would notice, so we get to feel like we know your kids really well.

I think it's adorable that Isaac tucks his hands in when he's in cuddle mode. It reminds me of Martin as a baby.

Kat Gille said...

AND ... I love that the conversation in the background on the video is Steven asking Dylan, "You know who I like?" and Dylan says, "Yes," so Steven asks, "Who?" and Dylan says, "Mommy!" :)