Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Party Part of Steven's Birthday Month

The Birthday Party part of Steven's birthday.
A week ago, Dylan told Steven that he was getting a ball for his birthday. Luckily there are lots of kinds of balls so he didn't completely ruin the surprise. Dylan took some pictures of the cake and candles which he had picked out on my way home from work. The lady behind the bakery counter must have heard us talking because she said "so you want Happy Birthday Daddy written on the cake, right?" I didn't even have to think if I wanted Steven's name on it or not. Perfect! Then we all took naps (I only worked a half day.) My mom babysat that evening so we could go to dinner and out with some friends. It was similar to exactly one year before - Steven's big 30th birthday.
I honestly missed the little babies when I got home. It was hard to get to sleep, so I cleaned their room and mine, then the others too. I have a hard time cleaning their room when they're home. I took full advantage of having a babysitter! (I really wanted to vacuum, but resisted the temptation because Steven was sleeping.) This morning, my mom and Don took Dylan fishing at Taylor Park. Dylan got to go swimming when we picked him up and they even had already had lunch. Then, after nap time, we went to Steven's choice for dinner and Steven and Dylan saw "Night at the Museum 2." (Isaac and I went too, but we ran around in the lobby the 2nd half of the movie. Dylan has been to so many movies, but that's Isaac's last for a long time.) Then we camped in the living room. We opened a wedding present from almost 6 years ago - a tent. Dylan came downstairs from his nap this afternoon with wide eyes when he saw it. I asked if he knew what it was and he replied "yea, it's a bedroom!" He's right.

1 comment:

Kat Gille said...

I like Dylan's definition of a tent. And you got it for your wedding?!? That's a GREAT idea! Tell me who got it for you so I can make sure they're invited to my wedding someday! :P

So Isaac's not much for sitting still in a movie, huh? Seems like Dylan always was. Do you think it's a difference in personalities mainly or just what they are used to?

And happy birthday month to your Steven! I actually remembered his birthday on his birthday ... but that still doesn't mean I called him or anything. At least YOU can know that I remembered your husband on his birthday and was thinking of you guys on that day!