Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Isaac and Dylan, uncut

Dylan discovered goggles the other day. And he found a "swimmer-diver" snorkel in with his toys. We put them together and he had fun. His nose isn't covered, so it wasn't that effective - he still lifted his head to breath and got water in the snorkel. (And laughing isn't good for using a snorkel either.)
So he used the goggles w/o the snorkel.

This is exactly what I never thought I'd do. I don't care if kids who can swim use floaty toys like this, on occassion, but this is giving Isaac false confidence and is getting him slightly vertical. NOT good, but look how much he loves it. (And that's how I got the video of his little legs kicking.)
Isaac is at an unsafe phase. He's not scared of the water, and thinks he can swim. He really wants to go to the deep end, and starts to get irritated with me when I hold him. He wants to go where he wants to go, and wants me to be where he wants me to be. Yes, Lacey, he's ornery. He's sweet and loves his mommy, loves to give kisses, is really good at sharing- usually, loves to jump off of anything - even our coffee table, but onery is a good word for him.

Dylan liked the goggles that first time, and to get him out of the pool, I let him keep them on in the tub.
Dylan looks like he's a Kung Fu snorkeler here. He's really good at it! We're going to have so much fun in the Keys next year. (WITH kids.)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Wow. I love these videos. I wish I had a pool (and still lived in Florida)!! You are amazing to have 2 kids in a pool and still video tape them!!