Friday, June 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, My Steven

Unfortunately, my Steven has a trial today so we can't have a day of fun. I'm going into work too. It's a good thing that his birthday lasts all month long!

It's also a good thing that he and my babies are good sleepers since I just set off two smoke alarms trying to melt butter to pre-make breakfast for tomorrow. Yes, simply melting butter. I accidentally put Cinnamon in with the butter and started laughing at Conan on TV while making milk from dry milk. Yea, when I opened the oven, I felt, saw, smelled, and even heard the black Cinnamon floating on the melted butter.
Now I'm melting butter in the little convection oven before pouring it into the extra casserole dish I have.
Baked French Toast is what Steven requested. (I know that I probably won't wake up in time to make it before he has to leave, so I'm trying to do some prep work tonight at least.) I got it from this post that said it was blog worthy. Well, I'm not sure this is what she meant, but double smoke alarms going off w/o kids crying or Steven coming down stairs is blog worthy to me:) Steven usually comes and fans the smoke alarm for me when I attempt to bake. I'm sure he knows I wouldn't want him to come down stairs and embarrass me:) Pictures by Agape Moments last year

Update: We ate the breakfast (2nd batch) and Steven was even early to work! It's a good start to his happy birthday:)

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday! So Scott's boss/mentor said that he is going to bring us in a bunch of corn and he told us how he grills it. SOOOO, when he DOES bring in the corn, WE are going to bring the corn to YOUR house and share in the spoil...but, we need your grill to do it! Heheh.

Have a great day!