Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dylan's Favorite Things

Not just bad-eyes and monster frucks. towers, Batman towers, new PJs, and of course, those old Rays Shorts.

Dylan's new word is "fink." The other day, we were at my mom's and he asked where Uncle JT was. I told him maybe he was at work. JT came home for lunch in his swimsuit w/ no shirt. Dylan took one look at him and said "Um, I don't fink he was at work." It was so funny. JT was at his Water Safety Instructor class at the pool. Dylan can't be fooled, he figured his uncle was out having fun somewhere.

I wrote this quote down on a smothie menu when we were in the car. "I'm finkin' about it . . . you are a chicken nugget!" Malia had just called him some sort of silly name. They were cracking each other up like usual in the back seat. Steven pretends that Dylan's toes are chicken nuggets and pretends to pour katsup on them so he can eat them up.

Here's what I wrote down after we dropped Malia off. "Mom I'm super smart and super handsome and super frong and I wrestle Daddy."

I agreed.

Other cute things he says are "amen" at the end of a book, and "ex-kOO-zee" for excuse me. He also says "you WU-kum" when I complement him. He should probably say "thank you," but I'm not going to correct him just yet.

3 comments:

Marcie said...

Precious.

Anonymous said...

Smart kid! I love that you write down the quotes. And it's amazing how well he and Malia get along so much of the time.

So where'd Dylan get all the Batman stuff? It's hilarious that he's still wearing the old Rays shorts. He doesn't love the new ones as much? One of these days those old ones aren't going to fit anymore and he's going to be really sad.

Tiffany Feger said...

The PJs are from Malia's grandparents for Dylan's bday, and the Batman tower is from gift certs that he got for Isaac's birthday. Isaac will use the tower when Dylan naps, and I HAD to get it. Dylan plays with it EVERY day.