Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dylan and Malia go to the dentist (or hygienist), um, to me. Nothing new actually.

When Dylan cut his first tooth at 7 months, I called a pediatric dentist to make his first appointment. They crushed my excitement and enthusiasm by telling me they don't see kids 'til they're 3 unless there's a problem. My dental books have said to see the dentist w/in so many months of the first tooth or at 1yr old. Of course I brush and floss his teeth and inspect them myself, but I want a pediatric speciallist to look at the development and, like I tell my patients, it's always good to have two sets of eyes examining his teeth.

So his 3rd birthday came, and I was ready to make his 1st appointment! I decided I could do the cleaning part. I picked them up from school and took them back to work with me. They laughingly argued who got to go first. They came to the loud conclusion that Malia would go first.

Dylan colored in the dental activity book for about 50 seconds.

Malia went first and did reeeeeeeeeally well. She opened when I asked and put her head back down in the pillow each time I asked her to lay herself back down.
Dylan took pictures for me, what a good dental assistant:)








Then Shannon took a picture of the 3 of us.

They weren't too in the mood to sit and show me their big clean smiles afterward,

but they WERE really into their new toothbrushes!

1 comment:

Kat Gille said...

I love that you're training your very own personal photographer. He even got a photo of the instrument tray! And you actually get to be IN some of the photos when Dylan's the one behind the camera! :)