Monday, March 23, 2009

Brent's Baseball Game

3/5/09
Dylan stayed right here at the fence watching every move. Isaac stayed by him most of the time.He would ask "why he not slide?" when a runner got to a base. When somebody did slide, he would shout at me, "he did it! He did slide! He's safe!" He would say "aw, he missed, he will try again" for a strike. No matter which team, he would be so proud of the batter if he hit the ball. He pointed out the catcher, the thrower (Brent), and the batter. When I told him that they were running in a circle around to all of the bases, he looked at me and told me it wasn't a circle, it's a square. I should have gone ahead and called it a diamond, he's too smart. The funny part was when the kid next at bat would stand in front of us to warm up. One of the bigger kids on the opposing team stood in Dylan's way. Dylan yelled at him, "hey, I can't see!" The kid smiled at Dylan then at me, said sorry, and backed up.

(This is Brent, he stayed out of Dylan's way.Ü)Brent did such a good job! Marc and Jake came after their own game so we all got to play a little.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

So fun! I love little league. Scott asked me if I ever would just go with him to a little league game (even if we didn't know the kid).

Anonymous said...

DANG, those are some cute little boys! :)