Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ramblings on stuff I'm up to

I am feeling guilty for not posting in a week. I have pictures on my camera, and maybe I'll post them after I check off a few more things on my list tonight. It seems like there is so much that I need/want to do before this baby comes, that I haven't made the blog a priority. So here are my excuses:

Even though I LOOK like I'm ready to pop, I don't think my body's ready. I haven't started swelling yet, and I remember w/ Dylan that I was scared to wear my wedding rings for fear that they'd never come off again. I sleep pretty comfortably except when I have to roll this big body of mine over. I wake up for that.

I'm trying to get lots of things done before I have to carry the baby in a heavy car seat instead of my tummy. I just bought stamps in anticipation of baby announcements. I don't have a brilliant idea yet though. I'd kinda like to have everything done so I just have to snap a photo, add it to the template, print, and insert in the envelopes. I finally typed in all of my addresses since they should be accurate from the returns from Christmas cards. Now I can print address labels.

Our tenant just gave us notice that February is his last month here. What timing he has. I just posted the listing on Craig's List. If anyone wants a studio apartment in our back yard, it's available!!! It's private w/ parking right there for him. I never see our tenant. In fact, I was carrying a box out to the garage the other day and we saw each other for the first time in a LONG time. I know that b/c he said "wow, you're pregnant! It's been a while since I've seen you!" So it's not like we bother each other. If nobody rents it, I don't know if I can go on maternity leave! I was already only going to take one month off.

Steven hung some things on the wall and put up a light under the cabinets today for me. He's such a good husband. One thing that I've been wanting to do ever since he was officially an attorney is that I wanted to go see him in action. I wanted to see him argue in front of a live jury. I got to do that today! I was too scared to take a picture of him standing up there b/c of the bailiffs behind me. I wouldn't have used a flash, but I could picture them clearing their throats and giving me the evil eye. Steven won! He said maybe I was his good luck charm. I think it was our little baby boy. Actually, it might be his co-council. It was his 2nd trial being 2nd chair to Steven and they won both times.
I haven't been able to go watch Steven in trial b/c it's been when I've been at work or babysitting other babies. I had poor Corrie watch Dylan and her two so I could sneak in and watch Steven's direct of his defendant and the closing arguments. His job is a lot more exciting than mine.

Also, I'm the president of our girl's youth program and finally got some counselors to work with since Danielle decided to desert me:( (I miss you.) We've been having presidency meetings and emails. I'm trying to get everything in order so that it will just coast along while I have the new baby to get used to. The counselors are great and we have good activities and service projects and fund raisers lined up. We have to get the girls ready for Summer Camp, so there's extra work to be done.

Last year I launched a county-wide fluoride varnish program for all of the Head Start kids in this huge county. I'm supposed to get new students to kinda take over for me this year, but I don't have any yet. I need to organize a million dental hygienists b/c we got a lot more parental consents this year. I've started getting the ball rolling on this since the dates for it are this spring. Everything is getting so close!

I also need to make sure that I have all of my continuing education credits in by the end of next month b/c my license is up for renewal. I already renewed it, but it's just another thing to do by February.

One of the hardest things is saying no for me. There are volunteer opportunities and seminars and cool classes that all seem to be in February. I love that I have so many opportunities in my life I guess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though there are no cute Dylan pictures in this post, I really like it because it is so informative! I can't believe you do so much and are so organized about all of it! When I grow up I want to be just like you. :)

Tiffany Feger said...

PLEASE, Kat. You ARE organized. You have check lists and really check stuff off. I have them and they just haunt me 'til I loose them then I worry I'll forget what was on them and run in circles.
I did just get more things done since that post like order thank you cards and return address labels! I also printed out a volunteer list for the others at my work since I can't volunteer for a certain thing, maybe I can recruit! I don't know what else I just did, but I've been sitting here for hours. See what I mean?!

The Stevens said...

You are a very busy girl!!!

Danielle said...

I will rent your apartment for when I come back and visit!! I wish that would work. I miss you too! I have wanted to call you like every day and see if you want to go to the park or let the boys play or something, but then I realize that we cant. Totally depressing. Only a few more weeks until our flight benefits start and we can fly back for free!! Good luck with getting ready and all!