Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

FYI: The picture at the top of the page is from last year, but Dylan isn't really a new year's baby this year. It would be silly to put a toddler in just a diaper. I used the picture w/o the "2007" banner that I made so it doesn't look as out dated.

This year we didn't do anything extra special for New Year's Eve. We were in bed by midnight b/c Steven had to work this morning. I was awake for the fireworks/gunshots/noise, but that's only b/c it takes me forever to get comfortable enough to fall asleep. It's good to be w/ my family lots and lots. Dylan and I have been able to spend a lot of quality time together. I think he'll be jealous when the new baby comes. He already tries to get up on my lap and my tummy doesn't let him get in/on as much as he wants to. He turns around and kinda gives my tummy a dirty look. It's funny b/c I can't help it. We both have to work around it:)

What are some New Year's Resolutions for you? I haven't written anything down for sure yet, but I do want to do a triathlon in the late spring. I also want to finish reading the Book of Mormon. I thought I'd do it by the end of the year 2007 but got too busy over the holiday season that started in October. You know about me wanting to cook more too. I cooked (heated up) black eyed peas for dinner today. I made some Jiffy corn bread muffins and canned veggies w/ it. The black eyed peas are for good luck for the new year. My mom used to cook them and I didn't know if anyone else in the world had the same tradition until Publix had an end isle display of black eyed peas, sour kraut, and corn bread. Who knew!

No comments: