Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Nesting

It's finally hitting me that I could have this baby any day now. I really don't think it'll be 'til February, but last night the baby was being especially active by stretching up tall lots. At one point I was taking deep breaths b/c my lungs were being pushed/crushed up at the same time that I instantly had to go pee. The baby was standing up tall pushing on my lungs and bladder. I kept thinking that it was more exciting than waiting for Christmas. I was wondering when the contractions would start. They started in the middle of the night last time. I wasn't cramping at all last night, but I was feeling large and like this baby will be big and healthy if born right then.


Anyway, I've been nesting I guess you would say. I made a trip to Home Depot to buy a closet rod for the baby clothes. Dylan's clothes fill up a whole rod in his room so there is no room for another baby's clothes. I cleaned out the entire closet and made room for the rod. Steven luckily helped me by taking over. Dylan was his cute assistant. Steven also installed a cabinet light in our kitchen that I was about to hang. He's not nesting, but he's a good sport. He said "do I have to do this now?" when I asked him about a drill bit size. I replied with "no, but I do." He followed me in and took over. He's being patient with me:)


I've also washed baby clothes, gotten my hospital bag ready, filled out the pre-registration hospital stuff, bought Dylan a "big brother" shirt, and keep bugging Steven about washing the car seat stuff.

1 comment:

The Stevens said...

Yeah, getting ready. Let me know if you need help with anything as it gets closer. Dylan can always come over and play if you need me to watch him!