Thursday, January 24, 2008

FULL day at the Zoo with Grandpa

Since Corrie has her hands full with Malia and the new Baby Noah, my dad has been watching Dylan on the days that I work. It's sooooo convenient! I don't even have to wake up my sleeping baby b/c my dad comes here! Dylan has gotten used to going to bed late b/c he gets to sleep in. When it's time for bed though, after we brush our teeth and he gives us kisses, we say "good night, Dylan" and he says it back and goes to his bed all by himself. I bet he could climb out too, but he hasn't yet. He's the best.

On Tuesday, while with a patient, my phone beeped once (instead of being silent). I could see that it was my dad calling. I thought for a moment that something might be wrong. Maybe he couldn't find the diapers . . . or Dylan wouldn't stop crying . . . or something. So I explained to my good patient that it was the babysitter and de-gloved and answered. Um, it was my dad wondering what sign language Dylan was doing. As you can see in this picture, Dylan was clapping his hands on top of one another. I said "Alligator, that's the sign for an alligator." My dad laughed and said "Oh, yea, big ones. We're at the zoo looking at alligators!" They went to the zoo! I didn't answer the next time my dad called. Apparently Dylan was pointing under his arm pit and flapping his elbow. They must have been looking at the monkeys:)


I left my camera for them and it had lots of fun and funny pictures from Dylan's excursion with his Grandpa. It's crazy b/c they did every single exhibit there I think. Usually I'll see the monkeys (they're centrally located) then I'll branch out in one or maybe two directions. They went to places I still haven't even ventured to yet. I guess they got their money's worth! My dad said that Dylan wore him out. Poor Dylan fell asleep on the way home but didn't stay asleep when my dad made a stop at the health food store there in that city. So Dylan had a long field trip and a 10 min nap all day. He and I both fell asleep cuddling watching the Jungle Book at about 8:30pm. (I didn't get a nap that day either.)


What the heck is Dylan doing in these next three pictures???


I told you they did EVERY exhibit. -In January:)

I didn't even notice Dylan in this picture until it was uploaded on my computer enlarged:








What a day! Thanks Dad/Grandpa!!

No comments: