Monday, January 7, 2008

Boating Adventures

My mom moved to a place where she's on a little lake. She also has a little boat. On the Saturday between Christmas and the new year, we decided to go for a family adventure. It wasn't too hot for me, but Steven was doing more work.

Steven and Don got the boat all cleaned up and ready while Dylan played w/ his Uncle JT. Dylan LOVES going to see his uncles and they love that he can say their names.
Dylan learned how to throw some punches
He actually liked being in his life jacket. We bought this when he was just 2 months old and we took him to the Keys with us. We went on a snorkel charter boat. I put him in the life jacket and he SCREAMED. Lucky for him, it started drizzling outside so I didn't take him in the water to see the fishies. It would have been cool for him to have gone snorkeling at 2 months old. He's ready now!
Dylan is eating a pear here at our launch.
Dylan actually sat down in front of me most of the time. I paddled a lot especially on the way back when the wind was against us. I was so sore in my shoulders that night and the next two days. I'm pretty out of shape. Dylan really wanted to paddle, maybe when he's a little older.