Wednesday, January 16, 2008

More Life jacket Fun

Dylan is in such a cute phase now.
He doesn't go to bed 'til we do, but that's fine. When it's time to go to bed, we brush his teeth, say a prayer, give Mommy and Daddy kisses, then I tell him to climb in bed. He climbs up and flops in. Then he'll wave bye bye and say "ni' ni'." (No "t" sounds.) He wakes up around 9-something in the morning but happily hangs out 'til I go in and get him- often not 'til about 10. I have a video monitor and will watch him organizing blankets or rolling around or looking up at his feet.

He likes to pick out his shorts and shoes. Even though it's pants weather, he insists on shorts. I pick my battles.

He knows how to make me laugh. He'll look at me sideways and question me. I realize that he's mimicking me. When he says a word that I don't understand, I'll repeat what I hear and ask him "really? bla bla?" He now does it back and we both start laughing. The face he makes is so funny and grown up. He thinks he knows the complete English language, and that I just don't understand him. Sometimes I'll figure out the word and it really is what it sounds like. I just didn't know that's what we were talking about. Like he was saying "back" and I didn't get it until he pointed to his then to my back.

He also knows how to give me a cheesy smile on command. That's what he was doing on the boat here. We went hung out with Steven's friends and significant others who are in his division at work. We got to go on their boat before the delicious dinner they made us.
We were going fast here, so it was hard to get a steady picture. You get the idea though.

No comments: