Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Filthy boy

Everybody has embarrassing babysitting stories of how they have to admit something when the parents come home (at least I hope I'm not the only one). It's funny when MY parent is the babysitter and feels a little sheepish that he has to tell ME - the parent, of what happened while he was babysitting.

My dad actually woke me up when he came over in time for me to leave for work. I dreamed my alarm clock wouldn't turn off even when I pulled the plug out of the wall and took the batteries out. ANYWAY, I didn't get anything ready for Dylan that morning. My dad picked out Dylan's matching clothes and was being quite the good babysitter. Until . . .
The story goes that he took Dylan in the garage to fix my bike so that they could go on a bike ride together. My dad was busy with allen wrenches and black electrical tape when he noticed what Dylan had been up to. Luckily he ran inside to grab my camera. Who knows what this black stuff is!


My dad said he didn't know how he got into that much of a mess in so little time. They didn't get to go on a bike ride that day. My dad said he had to scrub Dylan and the stuff still didn't all come off. I noticed that I needed to trim Dylan's grease monkey fingernails when I got home. The black bathtub ring came off amazingly easily with the right cleaner. The nesting part of me was glad for a reason to totally clean that whole bathroom. I hadn't cleaned the ledge with the baby shampoos in a while, so it's good.
I just think it's funny that my own parent had to admit something funny to me, the parent.

Steven doesn't even know what the heck the black stuff is in the garage. I just hope it's not toxic.

No comments: