Monday, May 25, 2009

A New Grill! (Happy Father's Day/Birthday/House Warming/Memorial Day)

Steven has been drooling over grills for so long, but it's gotten exponentially more intense. We've gone window shopping multiple times with the whole family where we have almost gone home with a new grill. Today, there was no stopping Steven. All signs pointed to "YES." We had planned on going to the beach after our church breakfst picnic, but yada yady ya: hot dogs, burgers, and corn on a new grill! Yummy lunch.
We didn't really invite anybody b/c we have no clue how to grill and don't have lawn furnature yet, but Lindsay and Scott (and baby-to-be) went shopping for us. They were going to go to the beach with us, but were okay with the change of plans.
Then some other friends brought their own food for the new grill for dinner. Seriously, we didn't buy any food. I think the moral of the story is that if we have a grill, they will come.

Yay! I can't wait to get set up so Steven will give me the "all clear" to actually invite everybody over. (Until then, anybody reading this is invited over any time, we will just keep it to being an unformal standing invite like today was.)

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

That was a fun day yesterday! I love that I was the ONLY one getting attacked by those nasty JuneBug thingies! I woke up this morning with a spider on my pillow too! Right underneath my head!! What is the deal??!!