Saturday, May 2, 2009

15 Months

Hi Isaac, you're 15 months old now.
You're signing and talking more.

Signs: milk, Mom/Dad (both by poking your cheek, usually with your pointer finger but sometimes w/ your thumb), dog (usually along with saying "row row" or "wow"), bird (cute when your pointer finger goes up and down by your mouth, then points, then goes back to your mouth then you look at me and smile), more (banging your hands together with fists, fingers, palms, whatever is quickest), please (brushing off the front of your shoulder usually with two hands for added emphasis or urgency instead of rubbing your chest), blanket (flicking your ear instead of rubbing your hand down your cheek - we invented that sign for Dylan), fish, elephant, bye bye, ball, and you just did "baby" by yourself after I only showed you one other time!
Words: bye bye "ba ba", uh oh "uh ooooooh" when you see things YOU've done like throwing things in the pool, hello when putting phone-type things to your ear (a calculator works), ball "BA" when signing (sometimes with just one hand if the ball or book is in the other one.)
Sounds: "Wow" for dog, "P, P, P, P, P" while accidentally spitting and shaking your head for horse, "Ee-ow" for cat

Height: 32-1/4" - 80th percentile
Weight: 24lbs 15oz - 50th percentile
Head: 18-5/8" - 75th percentile

Favorite foods: raisins, grapes, smoothies, (nursing in the mornings before we're ready to wake up, and possibly another time each day), and animal crackers at Corrie's. You sometimes insist on feeding yourself with a spoon. You're not that effective at it, but I should probably go ahead and let you try. Dylan doesn't like to be messy and you're his opposite.

You still love dancing.


Unfortunately, I have resulted to letting you hang out with a bottle instead of nursing. You don't like milk/formula in a sippy cup as much.

You keep falling into the pool. You cry but get over it when I hug you. You're eager to throw and retrieve toys again. (*Pool pics were taken before the camera was lost/stollen. I'm not going to get my back up on the pool side of the gate.)

So much for learning from your mistakes. You're waaaay too trusting. We have double and tripple doors/gates/locks so you and Dylan are only near the pool when Daddy or I are with you. I want you to like the pool, so I don't really care that you keep falling in.By the end of the summer I'll guide your hands to the wall so you can get yourself out. I've started giving you some floating lessons, and you do well but hate them, naturally. The pool temp goes down to 80, and that's a little cold to get you in all of the way on those days, so I haven't started the daily swimming lessons with you and Dylan yet. You do like to sit on the side by the steps and kick your feet. You can get in on that top step by yourself. You love baths too.

I feel myself wanting to take pictures or stare at you every time you sleep. Seriously, I love how sweet you look. Sometimes it's silly and you're asleep in your car seat and it's new to me. (I finally permanently put your infant car seat in the garage.) Sometimes I'm happy to see you in your own crib. Sometimes you look tiny again b/c you're asleep in my bed. Since you were 1, you got attached to silky blankets when you're tired. You try to act tough when you're wide awake and you will throw the blanket down. You're not ready to go to sleep often, but when you are, I love seeing your little hand search for the silky side of a blanket or finding something silky that I'm wearing.

I love your 5-tooth cheezy smile. I also love your huge wide open mouth smile. I got them on camera like you did, Betsey! FINALLY. (I'm using my old camera, my back up. It's the reason I needed a new one, but at least I have a camera for those Kodak moments.)When you're happy, I'm happy. I love you, little baby!

4 comments:

Marcie said...

He is so precious. So giant and precious :) (He is officially bigger than Matt AND Danny now!). I am very late on my letters this month... oh well :) I enjoyed yours!

The Stevens said...

So cute. I love that you document all of this stuff on here. I love that first picture of him on here and the video of him dancing in the car. So funny. Cute little boy!!

Lindsay said...

Awww...love that kid!

Amber Ayres said...

He's so precious! so Jamie was showing me on a map the other day how far Destin is from Tampa and he said it would take like 6 or 7 hours to get there!!! I don't know if we'll be able to see each other in Aug when we go to Florida!