Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Mother's Day Events

5/9/09 The day before Mother's Day, I decided that I would treat my mom to a pedicure and manicure.
This was 90% selfish b/c I have never had a pedicure so I had been planning this as a good excuse. I thought it would be nice if my grandma went with us, but she flew to my cousin's college graduation for the weekend.
More selfishness: My mom actually babysat Friday night - overnight b/c she took the kids with her after Dylan's preschool un-performance. Steven took me out to an adult dinner! We sat at a high top table where high chairs wouldn't have worked. Happy Mother's Day to me (more than to my own mom.)
I did go over to my mom's in the morning (it was still technically morning) to make her breakfast. My littlest brother, Jonathan, made her real breakfast in bed the next day on the real Mother's Day.
Jonathan and Don babysat some more while my mom and I left to sit in massage chairs and get our toes did. Don had Dylan in a fun mask when we got back.
When we got back, we ate lunch. Isaac's in a double (tripple/quadrouple/quints/octo-/nonstop)dipper phase. Nobody seems to mind when he's this cute.
My mom helped Dylan with kicking and swimming.
Thanks for splashing our picture, JT.
I love my mom. It's hard for her to take time for herself. She was in the pool to play with us for a little bit, then she was mowing the back yard in her swimsuit and pretty toes. She's non-stop being productive. She's a good example. I've been thinking lately that have no clue how she home schooled all of us. My own kid is already in preschool 2 days. Amazing.

1 comment:

Kat Gille said...

Our mommy is PRETTY! :) And I like the commentary about her always being productive--so true. I just never stopped to think about it. I'm glad you took her to get a pedicure. And dang, you're 28 and never had one before?? It was definitely time. (Granted, I've only had one once... and it was last year... but still!