Friday, February 27, 2009

Now I'm spoiled

I think Dylan's getting spoiled. My parents already think so I'm sure. My dad was overwhelmed when most of Dylan's baby stuff had batteries in it. He would theatrically jump when one of them started singing or something. Toys have changed since when I was little. I do remember one really big toy that my cousins, Mindy, Chrissy, Lacey, Grant, and Ryan had. I remember it being a life-sized horse on springs! I'm pretty sure it was hard to share. We would trot and buck that horse so far back it was dangerous. It was hours of fun. My aunt and uncle just got one for Lacey's daughters and I told Lacey that I was jealous all over again.

My thoughtful Aunt Tina found out about my jealousy and ordered Dylan and Isaac the coolest birthday present ever! I pulled up to our house and my mood did the happiest 180 in a long time! I had been not so happy because Dylan had just tried to pass his smoothie to Isaac but dropped it. The Styrofoam cup was spilling its guts out between the two car seats (and on the floor).

I should have videotaped my own face's reaction to seeing the surprise. I was like, "Dylan look, look, look, look at our front door, what's there? You don't have to go to time out now, I know it was an accident. Look what Aunt Tina and Uncle Afton sent you and Isaac!!!"

Dylan exclaimed,"a present for me?! A horsey?! Is it my 'nother birthday?!"

I didn't know how to get out of the car. Should I get Isaac out first? No. Should I get out and wait for him from next to the box to get his reaction as he gets out of the car? Can't, I have to undo his seat belts. I decided to get him out and try to run ahead. He's fast though.
Then he sat and stared at it.
He and Isaac couldn't wait to get it out of the box. No really, he almost had to go to time out for begging too much, look at him. Patience, sheesh!
I let Dylan use my camera even though it's my only one. He took a lot of close ups of the horse's tail and legs while he waited for me.He kept asking "why he doesn't have a head still? Why he not done yet? Will you build a tower wis me now?" I didn't stop assembling until it was done. He had to build his own towers. The kids didn't have a bath that night, but they rode Prickly Pete! (Steven named him.)
Isaac was excited for his turn but got scared when I let go. It's a good picture even though he's crying and clashes with Prickly Pete because I know he'll be trotting and bucking like crazy soon.
Guess what Dylan did first thing when he woke up this morning.
Isaac was eager for his turn again, and did a little better. He didn't scream in fear, but he was skeptical. He'll probably get it tomorrow. (Plus he's still sick.)Forget them being spoiled, Now I'm spoiled. Thank you Aunt Tina and Uncle Afton!

5 comments:

Bethany said...

My brother and I had one of those! We rode that thing until we killed it! We loved it!

Afton or Tina G said...

I have a thing for cowboys...and these two are especially cute! Love, Aunt Tina

Amber Ayres said...

love the pic of Isaac, he's a little freaked out!

betsey said...

Prickley Pete is AWESOME! Now, I'm jealous :)

Karissa and Scott said...

Awww so cool! That is totally awesome :-)