Monday, February 9, 2009

Isaac's 1st Birthday Party

The party was a success! The weather warmed up and was actually hot in the sunshine. I think there were a lot of pink noses and cheeks, I should have offered sunscreen.

Isaac didn't take a morning nap, so I got a little stressed out. I had planned on vacuuming the pool while he took a nap, but I spent an hour repeatedly trying to get him to sleep. That's my only not perfect part of the day. And it was fine because our guests must have thought that the streamers were yellow caution tape and nobody went by the pool. AND Isaac was happy the whole time and didn't act tired!Can you see how high Dylan is on this swing? He has a big smile too. We re-dug this old swing set in, then cemented it. Steven repainted it and bought new swings too. I trimmed some trees and Steven did a lot of landscaping/mowing/edging etc I got stung by a bee the day before. It's still a little red. We had about 50 people over. I'm sad that our grass died with the two overnight freezes we recently had. At least the ball pit balls gave the lawn some color:)
The only structured game we played was the piÑata. Isaac started hitting it with his hand, so we got out the bat.It was a pull string one, but we treated it like it was a fragile one. Everybody got a chance to hit it.
Marc knocked it down. (Or maybe it was Jake, they took turns.)
then Jake ripped it open. I'm sure he'll make the baseball team!

Then it was cake time! We got Isaac the free "smash cake," and "pupcakes" for Dylan. It still said Isaac's name on it. Good thing Dylan can't read yet. I think it was at this point that the guests realized I was going for a Kung Fu Panda theme and maybe they started understanding why I had fortune cookies on all of the tables. (We also had a regular cake for the adults.)

Isaac gave her a glare for messing up his face. Love it.
Noah took the cupcake and just sucked it down. He never came up for air, it was so funny. See their "#1" bibs? Noah's grandma made them!


Dylan is sitting on Malia and Olivia while Olivia's dad rocks the train.
I'm so excited about this little bike from my mom and step-dad. Dylan can peddle his trike, so he's ready. He likes peddling backwards on his trike, so the breaks will take a little getting used to. We already have good skid marks on that slab. Malia was saying "Dylan, DYLAN, it's MY turn now." Dylan replied, "You have to wait two minutes. No, maybe tomorrow. Or Maybe Wednesday." (I must say those phrases a lot. I know that he has to wait to see the Szaszs until Wednesdays, and he asks about them a lot.) We laughed at the toddlers' adult negotiations.
His new Rays outfit made an appearance after the cake.
And one of Dylan's old outfits made an appearance on Isaac because he found a cupcake.
After the guests left, we missed them. THEN it was nap time. Of course Dylan took off one layer of shorts to expose his beloved Rays shorts. He wears them like boxer shorts over his undies.
I love my birthday boys. ♥ (I also snapped a picture of Steven who also crashed, but I'll keep that for myself. They all just fell asleep in their dirty clothes.

We opened presents after dinner. What a fun day!

5 comments:

by: Brian and Lacey McKay said...

That first pic is priceless!! It was fun to go through these with captions this time. I would not have guessed there were 50 people there! Wow! I did notice how nice your backyard looked though. The swing pic is pretty cool too!

So, I'm curious to know how you got that cute little heart in your text area??? What else can you do like that?

by: Brian and Lacey McKay said...

Oh, I feel awful...I forgot to wish Isaac a HAPPY, HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!

The Stevens said...

Tiffany, it looks like you guys had so much fun. I wish we could have been there!! Cute pictures.

Lindsay said...

Dang! I wish we could have gone. That looks like it was a lot of fun! Good job. You will have to plan my 30th! Just tell Scott what you think needs to be done. I will have a little one too. So things are gonna be crazy!

The Cardines said...

Isaac's mad face is too cute. Thanks Tiffany for inviting us to Isaac's party and thanks for letting me take pictures also! Although it looks like we got many of the same pictures :)!