Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our Busy Valentine's Day

Steven and I went out for dessert on Friday night while my mom, Don, and JT came over. They watched a movie with Dylan. Isaac slept the whole time. Maybe it'll be easier for me to get babysitters now that Isaac sleeps!

On Valentine's Day, we did fun things.
First, Dylan made towers with Daddy while Isaac was a good trouble maker.
I don't know why they are each only half dressed. It was a fun day and they got to do whatever they wanted I guess. That was my Valentine's Day present to them.
We got dressed and went to the park. We did the one mile circle on Dylan's new bike. I thought Isaac would toddle next to us, but Dylan was fast! I should have put Isaac in the stroller because I had to run carrying Isaac some of the time when Dylan really got the hang of it. Listen to my advice at the beginning of this video.Dylan got up and said his hands were dirty. That was his only complaint. His bike is so small that it didn't hurt. I thought it was funny b/c it was my job to keep him on the path, but I was busy filming him. Steven took the next video and calls this one "the good one." Dylan's face is so funny at the end.
We couldn't go to the park without going to the "park." To Dylan, a park means a playground.

Then we went to the Primary party at church. It was a talent show!

After nap time, we made a last minute decision to go to the State Fair! I remember when Dylan cried on the merry go round. He laughed and laughed this time! Steven and he made funny faces at me each time around.
Fair food, a must.
Steven won a prize for the boys because the guy didn't guess Steven's right weight.
It's humungus bat, like 5 feet tall! I laugh every time I see it.
Dylan had fun on the bumper boats. He steered in circles.
He asked to go fishing because he had fished at the little carnival we went to in the fall. Dylan has a good memory.
At 8pm, they had fireworks! We told Dylan they were for him for his birthday.
He loved the fireworks and told us later when we were re-capping the day, that they were for him and his birthday.
Dylan got to go on a train ride too. He was busy making sure the seat belt was tight.
Isaac was sick of the stroller and wanted ice. I put it on the straw and that kept him occupied while we watched Steven ride the fun fast ride.


The End

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

SO cute. I was almost wanting to go to the fair, but we just went to the beach instead, then came home and watched a movie! Shoot...that looks like it was fun! You guys have such a cute family!

Karissa said...

Your boys are so cute! And oh how I wish I could wear a t-shirt, capris and flip-flops on Valentine's day! It was snowing for us in Utah. Oh well. Looks like a fun day!

Anonymous said...

I laughed pretty hard at the first bike-riding video. "Don't fall off, Dylan, because I'm videotaping and can't help you if you start to fall over." Pretty dang funny. Good thing it didn't hurt so he's not afraid to fall off.

I also like the humongous bat prize. So did the guy guess high or low? Don't those guys always guess right?

And there's one picture where I can see exactly where Dylan gets his fake smile. It's the one of the four of you at the fair (even though you're halfway chopped off), and Steven's doing the fake smile and looks just like Dylan does when he does it.

Tiffany Feger said...

Lindsay, did youlike yourself in the short video?!

Kat, the guy guessed low. Steven was sucking in.

Karissa, hi!