Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day Party at School

Dylan's school had a Valentine's Day party all day today. Dylan usually doesn't go on Fridays, but he was invited as long as I went with him. A couple of other kids went with their parents too, so only one 2yr old was absent. We got there in time for their special morning snack - PUPCAKES! (As Dylan calls them.) Of course I had Isaac with me as well. He liked exploring and getting too close to new friends. He didn't get any cupcakes or strawberry milk.

All of the kids are so well behaved. Miss Debbie and Miss Sandy are good teachers. Look at this little guy. He didn't need to use his hands and didn't mind being messy.
Then all of Miss Debbie's "little friends" in red shirts sat in a circle with their self-made Valentine keepers. Each kid passed out his or her own Valentines and learned each others' names. (Some aren't usually there on the same days as each other.)
I made little Valentine treat bags for the kids in Dylan's class. That was fun for me, and of course I included a picture of my boys. I love making up reasons to use pictures. We were the only ones with a picture included. Ridiculous I know, but that's me:)
Dylan made out with lots of Valentines and some candy. Then we went to go get and deliver surprises to Daddy's work while Isaac slept in his infant car seat. He's ready for a forward facing one, and we've put him in them, but he needs to sleep and be portable too. I'm probably going to keep cramming him in it for as long as I can.

We got Steven a fruit bouquet. I had Isaac in the sling and Dylan was holding onto my jeans pocket. I must have looked raggedy and poor because when I told the guy I was looking for something "not too big," he said "yea, I guessed that, with the kids and all." I should have been offended that he assumed I was homeless or something, but I took his charity. Then I went and used that saved $ on a cookie bouquet. I thought it'd be fun (and healthy) to do the fruit one, but my office got cookies as a gift from a specialty dental office yesterday and I couldn't decide. They included a $10 off coupon so my great idea was to have the cookie one be from a secret admirer. I had the lady at the store write that in the card because I can't make up different hand writing. I had somebody meet me at the employee entrance to sneak the two bouquets in while Steven was at lunch. Steven thought I was his secret admirer right away and I denied it. I told him it could have been Jerry. He said "no, Jerry sent me a bouquet of lollipops from a secret admirer already." I thought that was pretty funny. Then I told him it could have been one of his clients sending an appreciation gift. When he walked in our door that evening, I couldn't lie anymore. I guess it's a good thing that I'm not a good lier. Then I ate a bite out of one of the big cookies:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, so you caved when he got home? Was he pretty convinced it was you and you just couldn't keep a straight face when he asked? Pretty funny. BTW, I love that you have Dylan hold onto your pocket when you're going somewhere and you don't have a free hand. Genius.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I forgot to comment on the V-day party at Dylan's school. You're hilarious for putting photos in the treat bags. And I love the picture of Dylan clutching his goodies. Looks like he'd drop half of them if he tried to stand up. He must have been a happy camper!

Tiffany Feger said...

Kat,
Steven got home at 5pm which is WAY early for him. I was suprised to see him home and the house wasn't clean yet and I was caught off guard, so I couldn't hold back my nervous smile. He just said "I knew it." It was still fun, and I'm glad there were some cookies left over for me!

I'm just lucky that Dylan really will hold onto my pocket. He likes to be safe. On the way to church today he all but cried b/c I forgot to buckle the part between his legs in his car seat. He does the top part and waits for me to do the bottom part. He said "Wait, you forgot to buckle me! Stop, come back here, etc." We were late for church and you know how close we are, so I told him he would be safe. He insisted he was NOT safe and kept begging me to buckle him.

He's a good kid. Isaac will probably sneak up behind me and cover my eyes when he's 3 and I forget to buckle him. He's such a trouble maker funny guy.

Lindsay said...

Tiffany, I LOVE all of your posts. Scott was saying the other day that you guys have cool kids (he usually doenst comment much about things like that...). I told him the other day too that when my 30th birthday arrives that he has to work with you to help plan my party...cause you are so good at that stuff. He said he will pay you to do it! Hahah.