Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Sweet Sixteen, Jonathan!

It was my brother's birthday last Wednesday. I thought about getting up to see him at his Seminary class before school, but everybody who knows me, would have bet against me really getting up to do that. So I met him back at church that night instead after both of our busy days. I took Dylan. Uncle JT was having his exit interview after completing his Eagle Scout project and paperwork etc. He passed of course. I made Jonathan a pillow case to go over the new pillow he wanted (since before Christmas.) And I threw in a shirt b/c my mom said that he doesn't like her taste in clothes any more and only wears shirts I have gotten him. He had pumpkin pie for his cake. (I'm just glad it wasn't more cupcakes!)


I used fabric I had, plain white, with a little bit of Hawaiian fabric for the opening. Then I realized white wasn't such a smart idea and put it back in the pillow's plastic before Isaac wiped his nose on it again:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe he's sixteen years old. Seriously. Wow. And way to go on the birthday gifts. You actually made the pillowcase? Sheesh, you're like some kind of Martha Stewart/Supermom! I'm highly impressed. :)

Tiffany Feger said...

Well, it's a toss up between Martha Stewart and child neglect. I had all 4 kids and they were playing so well that I figured it was as good a time as any to whip out the pillow case.

The kids were racing accross the fabric as I was measuring and cutting. Then I snuck upstairs to sew it real quick. At one point Malia was in Dylan's room alone and I got worried because she was quiet, but she was playing nicely with toys.

So yea, I was productive, but not in a fun-babysitter-teacher-mom sort of way.