Wednesday, February 4, 2009

February 2nd is Isaac's FIRST Birthday!!! Here's what we did.

Hi Isaac, you're 1!
You slept through the night! You have been lately. If you wake up, your cry isn't hysterical so I let you cry it out and it only takes 5 min or less. You wake up between 6:30 and 8. Daddy gets you because he has to get up anyway. We cuddle and Dylan usually comes in under the covers to get warm too. He does not like his covers, but he likes mine. We ate breakfast. You had a little variety, but more importantly, you actually sat in your high chair. On Mondays, Dylan and I usually eat in the car and you eat at Corrie's. We took Dylan to preschool and got Noah. We went to the craft store so I could get supplies to make your birthday crown. This is funny. I think you knew it was your birthday because you were lounging in your stroller with your feet up and stole poor Noah's pacifier. How did you know you were king for a day? I gave it right back because king or not, that's not nice.
I tried to take a onesie picture for you being 12 months old. What a joke!

You wanted nothing to do with your crown too, until you pulled one of the stickers off of it and got distracted for 2 seconds.
Something outside must have been distracting too, lucky me!
I like this one.
I know this picture is washed out, but it still has some kind of dimension because I like looking at your pale hand. I wonder if you'll get any color on your skin this spring?
Then, this is basically your only birthday present from me. It's your favorite thing though, so you were happy. You nurse to sleep and have even started taking two naps a day like a normal 1 year old!
Noah is sweet too. You guys get so much attention when I just have the two of you. You both love having somebody to play with too. You get so excited when he wakes up from a nap. (You should sleep as long as he does, then you wouldn't miss him!)
Maybe I think you two are playing together when you're quiet. You start a little bit of a cry and when I find you, you're stuck like this.
I like how I can see the pillow that you shoved past you as you climbed up. Instead of rescuing you, I turned around and grabbed my camera. Then I kissed your neck 1.2million times while we both giggled. This time you started laughing when I came in to your cry. You were in such a good mood that I was inspired to get out your crown again.
We had a party w/o the cake! I like Noah's fish lips.
This is out of focus, but you're both looking AND your crown was on, so it's a keeper:)
This one's a keeper for an opposite reason, NO faces:)
Thanks for celebrating Isaac's birthday with us, Noah!
Corrie came and traded boys. Dylan liked the cone party hat, but Isaac was done with the table, blocks, and crown.

Maybe he was done waiting for the cake. Have you ever been to a party and wanted to leave, but had to wait for the cake? It takes forever for people to bring out the cake sometimes, doesn't it?! And yes, Amber, Isaac was probably crying because he needed milk with his cake in those cake pictures. I know you need milk with your cake or it's inedible. Should we get some milk for our birthday party this Saturday?

1 comment:

Kat Gille said...

I love the picture of Noah with his bottle ... and Isaac a blur in the background. How do you manage?? And your house looks so dang CLEAN and ORGANIZED in all the pictures!!

Also, the window-reflection pictures are adorable and a great idea, the crown is awesome, and the wiggly-one-year-old-on-a-blanket pictures are hilarious. :)