Thursday, February 19, 2009

February 15th = Dylan's REAL birthday

On Sunday, Dylan woke up to presents! Nothing big, just some books from his book club at school I magically hid from him, a Superman little monster truck, and some "bad-EYEs" (bad guys pronounced as one word) that I had traded some baby clothes for at a local consignment store. Dylan had opened lots of presents from friends and family back when Isaac opened his. He was surprised to have anything to open!
Translation to the video, for you, Cami:
[One of us asked what the present was and he replied,] "A monster f**** (truck)."
Steven asks again, "What do you have there?"
Dylan answers in a deep voice, "A monster f**** (truck)! [I] have to open this one too."
I ask "What's on the monster truck?" (I was referring to the Superman cape.)
Dylan looks and slowly decides "ummmmmm, I don't have a guy on it, 'cause it's wost (lost)."
He didn't get the superman cape and thought the guy who's supposed to be riding it got lost. So I just said "oh" and hit stop.

Then, while still in his PJs, Dylan built a tower for his bad guys while I made his requested breakfast.
I stuck the 3 candles in his pancakes and we sung to him while we ignored Isaac who was sitting right next to Dylan eating a pancake.

Then we got ready for church. It was also little Matthew's 4th birthday! I had to make him a crown too. He was the only kid in my class that day, so the party, I mean Sunday School lesson, was limited to just him and Isaac.

. . . Which means that we got done pretty quickly with the lesson, activity, and Oreo time. So we ventured down the hall to see how the other birthday boy was doing. I was just in time! They were eating Dylan's cupcakes! (Waaaaaaay too many cupcakes this month, there's still one in our fridge, want it? I don't. February should be called cupcake month.)
Silly birthday boys
After nap time, we went to my mom's for dinner. I'm going to copy Don's yummy chicken recipie this week I think.
Oh yea, and more cupcakes for desert! We sung to him so many times, and he sung to himself lots too. It's cute because he would also include Isaac in his songs to himself, "Happy Birthday to me and Isaac," (repeated 4 times).We ended on a high note, a high tower, of course.
Kathy Wang gave me these blocks right after I had Dylan. She also gave me most of the books in the playroom too. She gave me so much when I had my shower and even more when and after I had Dylan. I just thought I'd share in case any of you know her. She's the BEST!

Dylan is so grown up yet is so innocent and sweet. If he does have to go to time out, he cries out of embarassment, or will say "I love you mom." One or the other.

Poor kid, I've been warning him that when he turned 3, he would no longer be able to carry his green blanket around. It would stay on his bed because he would be too big for it. He does pretty good about it, but when I drag him all over town, he likes to hold it when he's bored. He also finds it when he's sitting watching a movie. The problem is not the blanket, because Steven is good at washing it lots, but the problem is that Dylan still sucks his thumb when he holds it. He'll even promise me that he won't suck his thumb, but then it'll go right in his mouth when he's not thinking.

So, on his 3rd birthday, I let him take it everywhere (note the picture above), but that night, he knew that he would wake up and would keep it on his bed for nap time and sleep time. He understood, and that evening, when we were driving to my soccer game, Dylan announced to us, "I don't have my 'reen lay-let!" (green blanket) He was so proud of himself. He didn't suck his thumb either.

After the boys' bath tonight, Isaac was sooo tired and was squirming while I was putting his diaper on. Dylan (naked too) came up with Isaac's bottle and was trying to console his baby brother. He said "you want milk Isaac? Do you? No? Okay. Don't be sad, Isaac. Be happy like me, and like Mommy, and like Daddy and like chicken. Chicken? [laughing] Not chicken, that's funny." [We're both laughing.] Then he went and got his Book of Mormon reader. He likes it because wicked means bad guys, and rightious means good guys. Then Dylan was shoving that book into me while I was still working on getting Isaac dressed. (Dylan was still nude.)

Tonight, Dylan said "I have to give you a hug too, Daddy" after giving Steven a goodnight kiss. Steven said "I get a hug too! I sure am lucky" to which Dylan replied, "I'm lucky too, Dad."

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh! So cute. You are such a good mom! Seriously Im gonna be getting so much advice from you.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute post. Pretty funny that Matthew Roberts is pretty much the same size as Dylan even though they're a year apart. And this is silly, but I think there's finally a picture where Dylan looks more like you than like Steven--it's the one where he and Matthew are making silly faces. Not that you make that face, but . . . well, you know. :)

The Dylan quotes are really cute--so proud of himself, so helpful, so funny, and so sweet.

One thing though: I didn't get a good look at the crown in these pictures. Did you use one of the photos from the photo shoot I went to with you? Where'd you get the letters you used on all of their crowns?

Anonymous said...

Such a cute post. Pretty funny that Matthew Roberts is pretty much the same size as Dylan even though they're a year apart. And this is silly, but I think there's finally a picture where Dylan looks more like you than like Steven--it's the one where he and Matthew are making silly faces. Not that you make that face, but . . . well, you know. :)

The Dylan quotes are really cute--so proud of himself, so helpful, so funny, and so sweet.

One thing though: I didn't get a good look at the crown in these pictures. Did you use one of the photos from the photo shoot I went to with you? Where'd you get the letters you used on all of their crowns?