Thursday, February 5, 2009

1st Birthday Evening

When Daddy got home, we continued the birthday fun. Isaac didn't care for his crown, so he wore the cone hat. We first stopped at Quizno's for dinner.


Next stop, Lowe's. Dylan was making Isaac laugh while we window shopped in the garden area.

We went to Publix to order the free "smash cake."

My mom, Don, and Kat came over for "cupcakes." Luckily, Dylan thinks muffins are cupcakes:) I was reading to Isaac when they got here, so Kat took some pictures.


They brought presents too! Books and clothes. How appropriate, I was just reading a Dr. Seuss book and they brought another one that's still big but it's a board book.
So I got out the birthday hats and we had a party!
Dylan got new clothes from them because his birthday is in less than 2 weeks. Maybe they don't like the short Rays shorts that Dylan is always wearing. They got Dylan these cute shorts and he wore them because they told him that they were like Uncle JT's.
I put a belt on him and he flexed for us. Isaac didn't much care for the muffins, I mean "cupcakes," but certainly liked hitting Kat with a hanger! I think it was a good first birthday for my little baby.

1 comment:

Kat Gille said...

The reading pictures are adorable--not because I took them but because you and Isaac are quite photogenic and for once someone else was around who could take pictures of YOU instead of you always being the photographer. AND I love that you kept "reading" even when you were looking at your baby instead of the book or when he was turning the pages too fast ... because you have the book MEMORIZED! :) What a good mom.