Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Waiting for Rays season, I mean, Baseball season

This is what we do to pass the time. (ok, 1st time, but cute.) Dylan didn't know his controller was turned off. He would shout "Yay, we hit it!" and Brent would mutter, "I'm pitching."
Dylan was pretty into his video game.
Dylan got birthday presents, and guess what they were - BASEBALL STUFF!!! He got a bat and ball (he's really into his Cars race track, so good theme) and a brand new Rays outfit that actually fits him. Dylan, as I'm sure I've mentioned by now, wears his Rays outfit under everything. We do wash it, but he needed a new one. Yay!!Dylan looks up to Marc.
After baseball practice, Marc walked right through the house to go fishing on his dock. Dylan LOVES watching the big boys. And he loves his brother. This is where Isaac learned to give kisses.
We went outside to go to the store, and Dylan said "take a pick-choo Mom" as he stuck out his Rays logo. That's my boy:) One ridiculous picture deserves another, right! So we went over to their beautiful front door for a quick pic.
Go Rays!

Then we got smoothies. They're cooooooooold! (That's the sign that Dylan and Brent are doing.) Notice Isaac is not amused and is wondering where his smoothie is. Anyway, we're passing the time 'til Rays baseball season just fine.

Non-illustrated thoughts: I watched some of the Superbowl and decided that I like baseball much better. I'm sure it's because of a couple of reasons.

First, I have never (and probably will never) sit through a whole football game and paid attention. There are so many rules and I don't care to remember them even though when something happens, I do ask. I remember for a while, but not for long.

2nd, It kills me to see the timer at the top of the screen be so wrong. 15 min really means like an hour, and then that's only the 1st half!!!

3rd, I don't know any football players. My cousin Chrissy's husband played for BYU when I was there, but he just red shirted, so I didn't get to see him play when I went to the games. I have been to some games, and always have had fun, of course, but not because of watching football.

4th, My dad and Steven aren't crazy fans. I didn't grow up watching football. Steven watches the games and looks up lots of scores, but thankfully, he's not a fantasy football player.

Lastly, Dylan loves Baseball. On the way home yesterday, Dylan asked, "can I play baseball wis Daddy? Mom, mom, MOM!" (I acknowledge in my rear view mirror.) "Can I play baseball wis my Daddy please?" I called Steven right then and told him how cute his son was. Where did he get the idea? It's been a while since we played at our house. They played baseball while I cooked dinner. No really, I cooked. I made enchiladas from the pioneer woman dot com's website. (When we finally served it, we couldn't really tell where the tortillas were rolled up, so next time I'm just going to layer it all in like a Mexican lasagna instead of going through the hastle, but it was tasty!) Anyway, if Dylan or Isaac get into football, I'll possibly learn to love the sport too.

3 comments:

~Jen~ said...

Tiffany, you're welcome to my blog whenever! The addicted blogger in me wondered if anyone from her blog had checked out mine! I was flattered that Lacey linked to my blog and thought it was cute. :) Your boys are super cute! I love the picture of one of them (sorry don't know which is which) giving the other a kiss. So precious! I also love how you have pictures on your side bar as links. So cool!

Lindsay said...

Those are the most awesome pictures. Your boys are so well mannered and even tempered. I was just reading my sister-in-laws blog how her 4 year old was wailing on his little brother and even smacked him in the face...Made me worry just a bit. Hopefully my kids are well behaved. I have to admit...Im not really a baseball fan, but we did become fair weather once the Rays stepped it up (Or I did, Scott would say just then that I put words in his mouth).

betsey said...

I love the picture of Dylan playing the video game. Very intense :) He is a Rays fanatic! I think that he could win fan of the year!