Sunday, February 15, 2009

Guess Who's 3?!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Dylan!!!
You LOVE birthdays. You are so excited for parties. When I asked you what you wanted for your birthday, you said you wanted "pup cakes" because Malia had cupcakes for her birthday celebration day at school. That was 3 months ago and you've been patient. Isaac's first birthday party was a party for you too. You like Kung Fu Panda, so Daddy picked that theme for you.
Things you like:
You still love your green blanket and it's going to be hard to wean you from your thumb. We have been telling you that when you're 3, your blanket will always stay on your bed.

You like action figures like Spider Man and Batman and you call them bad guys. You love building towers for your "bad guys" out of blocks. You get protective of your towers that you and Daddy make and start to freak out if you think Isaac is coming to knock them over. (Daddy gets more protective than you do - serious tower building times!) You're pretty good about redirecting Isaac with another toy, but he can be a persistent little bully. You're into reading books with me, good thing we have a lot. You like monster trucks and race track things. You like new toys and get so excited and happy. You like being a good helper. You can get yourself dressed. You like to be clean and ask for "nakin-towels" or "wipees." (translation: napkins/paper towels, or baby wipes.) You even clean the potty if you drip on the edge!

You used to love to go bye bye, but now you're selective with the places you'd like to go. If you're having fun or if you're tired, you say things like "um, maybe tomorrow Mom." Now the tables have turned and I'm asking YOU why you do things. You reply with things like "um, because I like to." When I'm trying to hold my ground it's hard holding my smiles in. You do have to go into time out for 2 minutes when you get really tired. Sometimes when you get frustrated, you'll send yourself to bed. That has happened twice when all 4 kids were here. You got up and said "I need to go to bed now, Mom. I need a "tiss" and a hug please." I give you a kiss and a hug and you go upstairs to bed. You'll come down a half hour later with a huge smile on your face.
Things you know:
You know some songs like Twinkle Twinkle, Happy Birthday, and ABCs. When I ask you what song you want to sing, you think of something fun and want me to make up a song about it. I made up one for "bad guys" and somehow you seem to like it. You know a lot of colors and surprise me by pointing them out by yourself.

You know what friends are and love them. You will tell me that you like me when we're in the car. Then you name other friends and family members who you like. There's nobody that you say you don't like, or you laugh and then say "yes I do." You're opinionated on clothes and food and even toys. It's so funny when I pick out an outfit that you don't like. You'll say "no, I don't like those ones. They are stanky ones." (He has some sort of accent when he says "stinky," it's pretty funny.) I can usually get you to wear an outfit if I let you wear your Rays outfit under the one I pick out. You even wear it under your PJs.
You have a hard time holding up your 3 fingers, but you try!

















4 comments:

by: Brian and Lacey McKay said...

Happy Birthday Dylan! You are such a handsome boy! Wish we were there to celebrate with you!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Dylan!

I loved reading this post. What a cute kid--and funny too! I can't believe he tells you "Um, maybe tomorrow Mom" when you want him to go somewhere. And it's too cute that he sends himself to bed--but not before he gets his "tiss" and a hug. :)

The Stevens said...

Happy Birthday Dylan!! I liked reading this post too. Very cute.

Stu said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I can't believe Dylan is already 3 years old. I remember seeing him before he was one. He has grown up so fast. I can't believe it.