Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Oh Dylan

Dylan says "Oh Ni-nin." It's so cute. It's when he realizes how silly he just was. I should catch it on video, but he does it all by himself. If he asks where his blanket is and it's in plain sight, he'll say it. He has a peanut butter face here. That's when I'll be the one to say "Oh Dylan."
Here's my crazy boy doing some dance:
He's learning how to fight w/ his daddy here. He's got his "dukes" up. It reminded me of the scene from the Jungle Book where Balloo is teaching Mogli how to fight. A big playful bear VS. the little scrawny boy.
Dylan's so lucky. His grandma came to visit and dropped off birthday presents from his great grandma. Dylan calls her "big grandma." It's not insulting b/c she's in no way big. It's just his way of saying "great." She gave him a whole percussion let w/ a bongo and tamberine and other noise makers. My mom was holding Isaac right there next to all of the noise. (He's in a sling that I was wearing. Interesting that my mom didn't want to take him out b/c that might disturb him yet we were not worried about disturbing his little ears.)

Dylan loves all of his toys, like I said before. I turned around to see him scrunched in here:It's fun seeing him remember how toys work and recal things. This morning he clapped his hands then looked at his palms and said "uh Daddy. Bug. Get it. (clap and look again)" Steven had smushed a mosquito the night before by clapping his hands together in the air.

2 comments:

The McKays said...

Your mom is so cute. I love the way she is looking at Dylan in that picture. Great capture!

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one sending late gifts! I just mailed the package today, so you should be expecting it very soon! :)

betsey said...

Love all the updates on both Dylan and Isaac! Dylan seems to be enjoying being a big brother!