Thursday, February 28, 2008

-BREAKING NEWS-

Our house is under contract!
I got a phone call from a number that I didn't recognize then another a couple of minutes later. I answered the 2nd one b/c someone really wanted to talk to me I guess. It was from the real estate office. They said that someone was going by our house and wants to look at it today. I said ok, of course, and asked when. They said that he was already there (here) and that the realtor was on her way to show the house. YIKES! I acted pleased when the reality was that the only thing I was pleased about is the fact that I had just fed Isaac and he was sleeping. That gave me some time to clean. I had just made breakfast (the only meal I usually make) so the kitchen was a wreck. I had actually fallen asleep in my clothes last night b/c I was laying down to feed Isaac and we both fell asleep. That bit of TMI is to tell you that I hadn't even done any end-of-day de-cluttering the night before. Dylan had all of the DVDs out in front of the TV which is good and bad. Good that he's in one place watchng a movie, but bad that he's' sitting in a pile of messy DVDs. I cleaned those, threw a bunch of stuff in the trash, put all of the bottles I was sterilizing back in the microwave (I PUMP into them, he's still nursing, for all of you judging blog stalkers). Steven and Andre ordered Pizza last night while they painted the tennant's place. I shoved that pizza box down under the sink next to the trash can since it didn't fit IN it. I piled all of my maternity clothes I was going through to put away into Isaac's bassinette and put a baby blanket over them. Amazingly, Dylan's toys weren't that crazy, so that only took a second. A couple minutes after that phone call, "knock knock knock."

I let them in. The potential buyer went right over to one of our wall units. I had to explain that we just haven't taken the wall units out after getting central b/c we had other priorities. He next went into the kitchen and had the nerve to look under the sink! Why would he do that? He bypassed the child locks just to look at my embarassing pizza box. I'm so glad he didn't look in the microwave! (It's clean b/c I can't STAND a splattered microwave, by the way.)

That afternoon, he gave us an offer. We countered, and he accepted! The funny thing is that he wants to live in the tennant's part and wants to rent out ours! Isn't that crazy? So it's ok that we haven't rented it out yet. The tennant just moved out 2 days ago and we got new carpet in the small bedroom today. The buyer is going to rent from us for the next two months and will close after that.

Then we might be homeless. I was so annoyed when the realty office called. We've had 13 people come look at this house since it's been on the market. We had it listed w/ our realtor for 6 months. February was her last month w/ us and we weren't going to renew. We were thinking of taking it back off of the market. We'd just sit on it 'til the market went back up - knowing it might be years. I thought I was done having to clean so we could show it since the 6 months was almost up. It's crazy that pizza box and everything - the guy still wants it!

It's kinda wierd. Dylan won't remember this house. Isaac's first three months will be here, but that's it. I love Dylan's room. We decorated it w/ Chrissy and Lacey and so many things in there remind me of them. I'll probably do Dylan's room surfing again so I can use the same things they made for him. I may even paint the waves on the walls again. (Probably not though, that's a lot of hard work for anyone besides a nesting mother.)

So - you heard it here first- unless the guy backs out b/c of the inspection or something - we're moving! So Jolyn, tell Dan to start looking for a 4 bedroom a tiny bit north of here for us. We love the area and being by the interstate. My requirements: a driveway, a dish washer, and more storage space than we have here. No need for a dining room:)

3 comments:

The McKays said...

Congratulations! It's kind of nice that you have a couple of months to find another place. My friend Anna's house sold in two days of being on the market (I told her she should have asked for more), and they only have TWO WEEKS to move out! But it will still be hard with a new baby and everything. I wish I could be there to help out!

I miss you.

Danielle said...

I am so happy for you!!! You must be SO excited! Don't forget to add central air to your list for Dan. That house we lived in in Florida didn't have it and it was awful!! I love having a dishwasher again! I never have dishes in the sink anymore!!

Congrats!!

The Stevens said...

Congrats Tiffany. That is great for you guys. Daniel is happy to help.