Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Brothers

This is the answer to the common question: " What's Dylan's reaction to the new addition?"


Dylan loves his baby brother. He says "baby ni' night!" and "baby eat milk?" and "baby right HERE!" when he wants to hold the baby. The last one sounds like "baby ite EE-ow." For "Isaac, he says "I-yack." Steven was trying to break down the two sylables to get Dylan to say "I" then "zic" but every time Steven would say "Say I," Dylan finnishes loudly and proudly with "YUCK." We couldn't stop laughing. Dylan was so happy with himself too.


Dylan still uses just sign language for some words. One of which has been for his favorite green blanket. He also lets out a distinct whine which may as well be the word for blanket. BUT when he just lets out that whine and sign and I'm driving, I think he needs to use his words. He's too old to be whining at me. So we've been practicing. He now says "let let." I guess that's what it sounds like when I say "blanket" b/c I really annunciate the "L" sound maybe. I know I could call it a baby name like a blankie or some random word, but I want Dylan to know what a blanket is, and I kinda want him to accept other blankets too. He finally started saying "let let" today because now Isaac always has a blanket on him. Dylan even shared his green blanket with Isaac. What a sweet big brother:)

I don't know how to pick just one good picture to post. This is Dylan's 1st time holding Isaac. He did it all by himself! This swaddle blanket from Corrie is great for bundling up Isaac. He's so comfy in his blue burrito "let let."


4 comments:

betsey said...

So Cute! I love the brothers together! In the video, Dylan is very gentle with Isaac...that is so great! I love the pictures of Dylan and Isaac!

Anonymous said...

What sweet little boys you have! So when is Isaac's blessing going to be? And btw, how did you decide on his name? Seems like the naming was a lot easier this time around. Or were the rest of us just not in on all the discussions?

The Stevens said...

What cute little boys!

Tiffany Feger said...

I should probably do a post on the naming process, but Isaac means "laughter." Steven picked it. We finally agreed on a name, so it stuck.