Friday, September 4, 2009

walking is harder than running

My dad is the fastest speed walker I know. Ok, I don't know any other speed walkers, but he's fast! I suggested that we go for a morning jog in Seminole Park. I started out with him pushing the stroller and I was feeling pretty good! Then we switched. I couldn't keep up with his speed walking rate. So he took the kids again. I was trailing behind and that speed walking made me loose my breath and realize just how out of shape I am. We passed some people and I panted "that's . . . my . . .. dad!" I still can't really believe it. I had to sprint up to him. Speed walking is definitely harder, and it hurts my crooked tail bone too. I do know that I need to run more.After the 2 miles, I drove the air conditioned car over to the playground while he pushed the boys there.
My dad started pushing Isaac in the swing but Isaac wasn't really enjoying going high. I told my dad that Dylan's the one who likes to go really high and Isaac likes it when he kicks and "hurts" you. If you know my dad, then you know what a good reactor he is. He'd jump and make silly noises and act like Isaac was really getting him with each forward kick. They bonded:)

2 comments:

Brandon and Katie said...

You better pick up the running girlfriend! Haha ;)

Tiffany Feger said...

don't worry, Katie, that was the motivation I needed.
I was just amazed that I could not go as fast speed walking as I could just jogging. My body wasn't used to that motion and it was more awkward for me. I had to run instead to keep up with his "walking" pace. My old man is in shape!