Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Another Baby Shower, more gifts to make - yay!

I made something for a baby boy for once. It seems like everybody is having girls. I didn't have enough boy fabric to make a sling like I thought I was going to make, so I made a nursing cover. I really like the fabric and the ribbon too. I've seen some cool nursing covers and made one for myself, but decided to forget the annoying "D-rings." I put them on mine only for one D-ring to slip inside the other and my cover was blown. Lacey made one with strips of matching fabric, if I remember correctly. I sewed bows to the front and ribbon. I also sewed pieces of diaper cloths to the bottom corners and made pockets out of them. I tucked some nursing pads inside that I had left over.
Here's Abigail, trying it on at her Gators baby shower. I also made a sports wipes case with some more of that laminated fabric. (It was on sale, so I got some and am glad I did.) I just wish the background color could have been orange instead of red. That would have been more fitting:)
And what's a baby shower with out a baby and other pregnant girls? Some how I didn't get pictures of the other pregnang girls there, but I did get some of this cute little guy. My boys were home w/ Steven.
My grandma made her a blanket which made Abigail cry. She got 2 other crochet/knitted blankets for the lucky little Mr. Baby Tristan.

No comments: