Monday, September 14, 2009

Lots of Maternity photos


First of all, I'd like to preface this with my UN-inspiration. I was really excited to do a maternity photo shoot with a girl I met who had a nice camera. I waited 'til I was nice and plump with Isaac and planned it all. I knew the park I wanted to go to, and talked Steven into the photoshoot by saying we would also get our Christmas card photo.

Well, when I got the pictures, I was upset. She hadn't told me if my shirt needed to be fixed, or if my hair did, and she didn't care where the sun was, or that she cropped my tummy out of a lot of the pictures! Then she had the nerve to charge me for what was supposed to be a free "portfolio building" shoot. There was NOT ONE single usable photo for hours of time. Steven was NOT going to do retakes no matter who the next photographer was. I ended up taking snap shots of myself and got better results, but didn't get the beautiful pictures in the park I had dreamed of.

SO, I decided to live vicariously through beautiful Lindsay and her handsome husband Scott. I did a little bit of pre-planning, and decided to be 100% manual with the camera settings so I could practice. (Our photographer had kept her camera on auto and STILL didn't get the exposure right.) Lindsay didn't have high expectations of me so it was stress free:) She didn't have any pre-planned poses or anything that was a must-have. We just had fun with it!

So here are some of my favorites. I'd LOVE constructive criticism and how to edit them, crop them, lighten them, future ways to pose them, angles, all of that. There are a lot of good ones, even if you just think of them as snap shots b/c Scott and Lindsay are such a cute fun couple!

Hiding the baby bump a little too much, but it's like they're giving Baby Girl a big hug, so I still like it.


She finally looks pregnant here
I was playing w/ the scenery. Too much?
Unposed:)


The color should be cleaned up a little bit. You already saw my fav picture (post below), but here are some other cute "cravings" ones. Look how fun they are. She really doesn't look pregnant from the back, but I like it:)
And they're silly.
How come she looks pregnant AND skinny here?

Grainy/bad focus, but cute faces!
I cropped the tummy out a little too much, here. Oops.



I'd like the sun to be a little higher here, but if I stood up more, the trees were in the way. I like it and I still learned a lot from the shoot.
Thank you Scott, Lindsay, and baby girl for trying some awkward poses, dealing with the heat, and waiting for me to fiddle with my camera. These may be more for me than for you:) Enjoy!

3 comments:

Lacey McKay said...

Oh my gosh Tiffany! These are amazing! I love the silhouette shot and the one of her poking at the cheerio. I don't think the sun is too low in the last pic. You are too hard on yourself sometimes. I do have some tips, but it might be easier to tell you over the phone instead of typing it out.

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh, Tiff! I love them and Scott does too! I can't wait to print some up! I am very pleased with how they have turned out. Thanks again!

julz said...

Lindsay is so lucky to have such a cute and talented friend. Thanks for taking care of my sister. Great pics!