Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Jonathan's Eagle Court of Honor

My youngest brother, Jonathan (A.K.A. Uncle JT) achieved the rank of Eagle Scout. We held an Eagle Court of Honor for him. My dad flew in for the occasion. His older brothers, Matt, Stephen, and Martin also achieved this highest level in the Boy Scouts.
I put together a slide show power point that I flipped through as Don read about Jonathan's "Trail to Eagle." I flipped through the sling shot pictures too fast, so here they are. First, he took a sling shot to the "Fecal Island" camping trip (good idea) and launched everything they could find. Bad idea when it was a conch shell that back fired right back into his ribs. Also included in the slide show were cute pictures of 8yr old Jonathan! Here he is w/ 2 uncles and even his nephew, Ocean. This may have been at Martin's Eagle Court of Honor. Here's a picture of the 4 brothers together. Now for his Eagle Project. He found native plants that don't need a lot of water and beautified a local gazebo at a park. It took a lot of research, fund raising, approval, getting volunteers, leadership, and more paper work. He was a good leader.
Lots of volunteers supported him. and it was a success! (I should show the plants, but I'm showing baby Isaac and his Uncle JT instead.)

He had his court of honor when Martin and Stephen were in town.
Setting up for everything, I got a picture of the man (16 yr old) of the hour. I like the commotion going on behind him with his scout leader, my mom, Tim, and at least one of my brothers. He got lots of awards.
His scout leader kept raving about him. Representative Janet C. Long read the proclamation. She also read a letter from the governor to Jonathan.
JT's brothers participated in the ceremony. First Stephen,
then Martin.
Jonathan pinned his 3 parents and grandma to add to their collection of Eagle parent pins. I think my dad was happy that he made the trip, don't you love the excitement? Per Jonathan's request, we sang Mr. Rodgers' "I'm Proud of You" song after the ceremony. And these two are reasons 56 and 57 on why I'm not a pro yet.
I get distracted by my kids and focus on them instead of my two brothers up at the lectern. At least Dylan was paying attention. The ceremony was really well put together (thanks to my mom) and I'm missing a lot of pictures, but luckily Stephen took a lot. I just need to get them from him!

We took some pictures of the strong Eagle and 2 of his older brothers. (Matt's away getting a job, place to live, and planning his wedding.)
Isaac gave his great grandma a kiss goodbye.
Missing from the next picture, Stephen. I love the two cub scouts and my two pre-cub scouts in the photo though!
Jonathan and his Grandma
with his Mom and Don
And with our Dad.

Congratulations little baby brother! Within the month of February, you got your first job (Bonnie's Tropical Smoothie Cafe), took the lifeguard and water safety instructor classes (and passed), got your 2nd job (maybe a little after February) as a lifeguard, finished and sat for reviews for your Eagle Scout Project, not to mention getting your driver's license. You're busy! Good luck in your calculus class and your other 6 classes plus early morning seminary. You're ridiculous!

AND, Congratulations to Tim. We did a little surprise presentation for him at the court of honor. This silly picture was taken the night before when they were making sure they had all of the parts of their scout uniforms. Tim never had a court of honor, so his parents sent us pictures and the presentation we read about his project where he put together hygiene kits for the American Red Cross to distribute to hurricane victims. What a great kid. He and Martin are rooming together at BYU. Good luck in your Calculus class too, Martin. Call our little brother, Jonathan for help b/c I took that class at 7am there. (Anyone who knows me, knows that was a self defeating time for any class for me.)

No comments: