Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Why Not

Some of my friends have asked if I have gotten a new camera yet.
Nope:(
Danielle told me I should put a "chip in" link on my blog, so I did.
It's in the upper right of my blog and at the end of this post. The end date is my birthday b/c I'm hoping to get one before that. (WAY before that.)
I know this isn't important and I hesitate doing it, but know it's all in fun.
I know this isn't like saving up for an adoption or because I lost my income.
It's more like people who try to get donations for cosmetic surgery.
But still, Why Not?!
Somebody might feel generous and might paypal me a dollar or two.
I already got a donation! Dr. Brayer gave me a visa gift card to put towards it. She said she wanted to get me a gift for being the PCDHA president. Maybe it does pay to volunteer after all, that was unexpected!
SO, I wish I were saving for a nice professional camera by now, but I'm saving for a regular point and shoot waterproof one. I found one for $199 at Costco, $160 at Sam's Club, and a pretty pink one on Amazon.com for $170. I'm just looking for exactly what I had. I was content with it being in my back pocket. I think I'll put one of those zip line thingies on it that people have for name badges and security tags or keys. SOMETHING.
I promise not to leave my purse dangling on a stroller like because that's too tempting on Christmas Eve at the mall.
I promise not to put my camera in the side bottle-holder on the diaper bag, especially at home opener Rays games.
I Promise I'll be responsible.
And I'll continue to take pictures of my kids because for some reason I assume that everybody wants to know way too much about my little cuties.
I'll also take pictures of my friends' kids, just snap shots, but still. Here are some I just gave to Bonnie for her birthday. Clearly not professional, but they made nice wallets. She didn't have recent pictures of her kids in her wallet- just recent ones of my kids:) Can you imagine?! So I was able to sneak quick pictures of her 3 handsome boys individually over a 3 month period.
Anyway, I found a reason to post these pictures of Dylan's favorite "big boys."

1 comment:

Lacey McKay said...

Ha! You crack me up! The bottle thing seems a little finicky though. I couldn't get the link for it to work until I clicked the link in the post. And it's not showing my contribution, but I guess you'll receive a paypal receipt or something in your email. Anyway, Happy early Birthday! For as many pics as you take, I think you should go for something a little nicer this time around. It is nice to have one that fits in your back pocket, but I've lost my tiny camera tons of times and I've NEVER lost my big one. It's easy to lose something so tiny! I need to put my name on mine too...