Saturday, April 25, 2009

Dr. Brayer's Surprise Baby Sprinkle

4/21/09
Some of the projects I've been working on include playing with fondant icing. Not that tasty, but pretty much the effect I was going for.

I found that spool of ribbon for $1 and thought it was perfect. Somehow I remembered that Marcie had the perfect cupcake tower and she let me borrow it.
I've been wanting gourmet cupcakes since hearing about them all over the "blogernacle." (Not a correct use of the made up controversial term, but that's for you, Lacey, I did read what you linked to.) (Especially the Rockstar Diaries.) Marc's Bar Mitzvah had individually boxed coordinating cupcakes and they were delicious. Bonnie told me where that bakery was, but instead of spending $3/cupcake, I spent under $10 for these, and had some extra at home for my boys too. (I'd still like a fun cupcake from a little cupcake bakery again some day.)
Anyway, I found an excuse for cupcakes. I didn't want them to be expected (pressure), or to have to make a lot, so we did a surprise diaper shower for Dr. Brayer on our lunch break with just us.
Look how cute her tummy is! She's meant to be pregnant, it doesn't slow her down at all. We were pregnant together the first two times, but I'm sitting this one out. I couldn't imagine being pregnant right now, mostly b/c Isaac is still such a baby - if you know what I mean. Her 2yo is at school, here's her cute 1yo who just learned how to walk!Oh yea, and I made a 3rd diaper cake and wipes case. I'm loving these projects. My right-brain thanks me. When I was overwhelmed at BYU at exam time, my mom gave me good advice and told me to do a fun art project start to finnish. I needed a way to procrastinate anyway, so I tried it. I felt so fulfilled after being creative on my own. (I did just fine on those exams b/c I was able to relax.)

*And I borrowed Corrie's camera, thanks Corrie!

1 comment:

The Stevens said...

You are so creative. The cupcakes turned out so CUTE!!