Wednesday, April 8, 2009

So . . .

I've been feeling like I'm just a mom lately- not that there's anything wrong with that, but I feel like I'm not living up to my potential. It's a personal thing, (I haven't been in school for a while, I felt like a student for a looooooooong time). When we lived in St. Pete, I was the president of the young women (youth group) for church for a year and a half. Before that, I was in the presidency and working with the youth lots. That took up a lot of time. Now that I moved to a different congregation's boundaries, I'm a Sunday School teacher for the sweet 3 and 4yr olds. Of course I do prep work, but that doesn't take as much out of me, it feels like what I do every day.

So . . . . Now that Isaac's 1, I'm feeling the urge to volunteer more. It's a pain b/c it's sooooooo hard to get a babysitter. Even Steven's been working 14 hour days (honestly getting there at 6am and leaving at 11pm b/c of his promotion.) On the weekends, he's been fixing up his mom's house. So . . . . . I volunteered to be the president of our local component's dental hygiene association! I'm the Pinellas County Dental Hygiene Association's (PCDHA) President as of last night! I can do a lot of the work late at night on my computer, but I'll be a little more in touch with other local hygienists. I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into but the past presidents have been so good and are leaving me with a well oiled machine. We even have $ in our budget and lots of chair members for our different community service projects! Since 2003, I've been a student member then a board member. I love being a Registered Dental Hygienist! (Part-time of course, b/c I like doing lots of things at once.)

4 comments:

Marcie said...

That's great! Congrats!

betsey said...

This is so cool Tiffany! You are amazing!

Tiffany Feger said...

Marcie, you have inspired me to do more b/c you're always put together, and so are your kids when you have a bigger family! You loved being out having fun and should have been the stressed one but I was instead for some reason (beach day - fun, but constantly chassing Isaac who was chassing the birds and I was just hoping that Dylan was staying in one general area glad that Kirsten was watching/playing with him).

Betsey, you have always inspired me b/c you stay on top of all of the issues, have amazing friends through all of your crazy daring experiences, and you're a mom to the sweet smart silly girl who I can't WAIT to meet. You've done a lot more than I have, and have been the local president of the largest women's organization around (or is it the longest running, whatever, the Relief Society has a LOOOOOOOOOOOt of responsibilities and you loved it.) I remember when we were at the mall and you were excited to see something on sale at Bath and Body Works b/c you give those things as gifts to your friends in the church (or something like that.)

I want to do it all so I'll appreciate being a mom even more I guess.

Marcie said...

Oh Tiffany... we so need a girl's night to talk. You just made my day. I can't believe I'm good enough at faking it for you to think I "have it together"... I SOOOOO do not have it together and I think that about YOU all the time! I'm always talking about Dylan, what a great job you do with him, and how I want the twins to be like him... and I got REALLY stressed at the end at the beach... ask Kirsten lol... I totally lost my temper with her at the end... you didn't look stressed at ALL! We need more time to get together... I miss you and we need to have these conversations so we don't feel alone in all this mommy stuff!