Tuesday, April 14, 2009

i can't sleep

My camera isn't in the diaper bag.
Or in the car.
Or in my pocket.
Etc.
My phone dropped to the pavement when I got Isaac out of the sling on the side of the minivan. There's a chance my camera was in there too and it's still on the ground, in the small parking lot on the NE corner of MLK (9th St) and 1st Ave S. Steven said he doesn't want me to drive there right now. I won't be able to drive there 'til after work tomorrow, and it's a business parking lot (old Bank of America I think, those letters were pried off but I could still read it.)

The last picture I took was of Jake and Dylan running the pretend bases at the entrance of Tropicana Field right before we left. (Home opener for the Rays.) I had dumped all of the pictures onto my computer yesterday, so the only pics on there are from the game.

Does anybody work or drive by downtown St. Pete?!
Steven doesn't think the area is safe enough for me to drive there now, at midnight, but I could be half way there by now. Should I go? Should I listen to him? I don't care about the pics from tonight really, I do care about being w/o a camera. I don't have the $ to replace one, so I'll have to take out a loan or something b/c it's like an appendage. I don't even have a camera phone b/c that one is always in my back pocket. (I should return these GAP Bermuda shorts I'm wearing even though they were half price b/c the back pockets are only half deep so I can't put a phone or camera in there - I didn't even try today.)

I'm really hoping that it dropped there, b/c the only other explanation is that it got pick-pocketed. I did tuck in the wrist string/loop before so nobody could pull it out by that string. The diaper bag was kinda behind me b/c I had Isaac strapped to me.

The only THING worse that could be stollen is my external hard drive w/ all of my pics on it.

I think I'm going to go wake up Steven and ask him to go. Wait, he has a trial tomorrow. Maybe I'll ask him again if I can go. I think maybe it was with my phone inside of the sling w/ Isaac so it must have fallen out along w/ my phone. . . . But I remember it was with my keys before. . . . I'm going to go check the van a 3rd thorough time and pray for the hundredth time.

I just called the St. Pete Police. They said I can't report it 'til the morning and even though there are still officers there (tons for traffic/security), nobody can look for it. (I knew that was a long shot anyway.) I'm supposed to call that same # after 8am. Couldn't that guy have taken the message?

5 comments:

Lacey McKay said...

Oh no! I hate that feeling! If it were me, I'd probably go tonight (depending on the value of the camera) but make Steven get up and go with you. He can sleep in the car. If you could go first thing in the morning, you could wait, but I doubt it would still be there by late afternoon, unless someone nice found it and turned it in. Was the building empty? If so, then it might still be there! Good luck! Oh, and your "appendage" comment cracked me up. I'm sorry to be laughing at a time like this, but I can SO relate!!!

betsey said...

I'm so sorry Tiffany! Hope you found it today!!!!

Lindsay said...

ANy luck yet?

The Stevens said...

Oh no Tiffany. That's too ad about your camera. Any luck? Good luck, I hope that you find it. PS. I like those gap shorts anyway, they are way cute.

Stu said...

WHAT!?!?!?