Thursday, August 28, 2008

Play Room

We did not know what to do with this room. We were going to make it a guest room, but then our guest didn't come. We stored boxes and paint supplies in it because we could.

Until, I was hanging out in the living room with tons of toys all over. It seemed like all of the home improvement/Oprah kinds of shows talked about living rooms where the kids have taken over. I looked around and realized that I had fallen into that rut when we had barely moved in! I was going to buy a huge nice furnature-like trunk from TJMaxx or something for the toys and pretend the swing and jumpy toys were ok. Steven had a better idea. While I was out, he put the play flooring down and moved my living room toy-clutter to this extra room. He saved me!
Dylan loves it and asks to play catch in the play room. He goes in there and throws a ball up and dives for it with his glove. He will hang out by himself if we're busy. He will ask for a specific puzzle or want to read a certain book (over and over again). He knows the words to this one.Dylan likes to "clean up clean up" with me too. He knows which toys go where. The room is a work in progress, but it's comming along. I made curtains and Steven hung up blinds. Luckily the paint that Maria picked out wasn't purple or pink! It's just right.
Moving around, but now quite crawling







Don't you just wanna come over and play?!
You're invited!

4 comments:

The Stevens said...

That's so cute and it's the perfect place for a playroom at your house. I know Dylan wants to come and play! That video of Dylan hitting the ball is cute. He's good. See ya tonight.

tarable said...

We want to come play! It looks so fun in there, my boys would love it. And I love the soft mats to crawling knees. You photos are so cute.

by: Brian and Lacey McKay said...

The room looks great! So bright and colorful! I need to get a jump start on decorating my playroom too! I'm having trouble getting the videos to play though.

Amber Ayres said...

If anyone needed a playroom, it's you! You practically run a daycare at your house! How fun for you and the kids. that was sooo sweet of Stephan